Mafia CXXXVII: A Shot in the Dark Game Thread Town Victory!

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: A Shot in the Dark Game Thread (Day 2)

Postby Crunkus_old » 28 Feb 2015, 22:01

sjg11 wrote:
Keirador wrote:Lynch me. I'll even help. DO NOT let Crunkus off the hook after I flip.

So... the guy who's literally just lead a lynch on a Mafia is now Mafia in your book... because?

I mean I understanding the guy's not confirmed town at this point... but even if he were to start pushing a case on me he would be nowhere near the top of my list.

Sorry K this looks like nothing more than pandering to the audience and playing to the crowd.

You have an entire day....simply explain why I'm wrong about you K...you're going to have to acknowledge a bunch of things I've said that you've ignored in the process...but go ahead.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Crunkus_old » 28 Feb 2015, 22:03

Keirador wrote:I get that it looks like pandering right now. Which is why I need to flip.

So you've moved from being reasonably sure publicly that I was town....

to being dead certain as town that I am scum...and that this is the only possible explanation of why I think you're scum right now?

If anyone agrees with me, I assume they are scum as well?

Why don't we just skip the hysterics. Acknowledge the reasons I have said that I believe you to be scum, and deal with them honestly. If you're town, there's literally no reason not to.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Postby sjg11 » 28 Feb 2015, 22:18

Keirador wrote:I get that it looks like pandering right now. Which is why I need to flip.

Isn't this the same type of attitude/play you criticised Ugluk/condude for in RPSLS 2?
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby simblanco » 01 Mar 2015, 00:11

Alcester wrote:Just popped in for a minute but wanted to post this nugget: Harb couldn't have used his ability last night so if anyone claims otherwise, they are lying and should be killed immediately.

Why do you say so? NK targets cannot use their ability? Or you blocked him?

Who is claiming otherwise? Who should we lynch?

And do you care to follow-up on your accusation on me or were you happy just to throw some mud at me?

Thanks!
Silver member of the Classicist
simblanco

Standard rating: (1256)
All-game rating: (1353)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Ugluk » 01 Mar 2015, 01:04

Alcester wrote:Just popped in for a minute but wanted to post this nugget: Harb couldn't have used his ability last night so if anyone claims otherwise, they are lying and should be killed immediately.

Let's leave the killing of Mayor Condude1 to the aspirant, shall we?

Read the rules again. Blocking abilities resolve before kill abilities.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Standard rating: (1048)
All-game rating: (1028)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 01 Mar 2015, 01:09

Please stop posting!.

Night falls on the town of Brujah, with no one else dying today, as Condude wished. The mayor didn't appear in the town square, clearly not interested if the proceedings don't include death or violence. You all go to sleep, hoping you'll live to see the next morning...

Night ends on Monday, March 2nd, 2015, at 11:00 AM PST. Anyone with night actions may send me their orders any time until the deadline.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Re: Mafia CXXXVII: A Shot in the Dark Game Thread (Night 2

Postby condude1 » 02 Mar 2015, 21:28

You all get up after a restless night, hoping beyond hope that no one died while you were in bed. Once you gather in the town square, you notice Condude's bodyguards standing outside Sjg11's house, and the mayor inside. He comes out shortly and proclaims

"They hit one of us this time, don't let this atrocity go unpunished!"

He then turns and walks out of the square, leaving the remaining 9 to their grisly task.

Sjg11 was killed last night, he was a vanilla town.

Day 3 ends on March 5th, 2015 at 11:00 AM PST.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)

Re: Mafia CXXXVII: A Shot in the Dark Game Thread (Night 2

Postby Crunkus_old » 02 Mar 2015, 21:38

Kierador

There are 2 more players left in the game to lynch. At least one has no role. We might want to start revealing today. I think it's getting to be about time.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Re: Mafia CXXXVII: A Shot in the Dark Game Thread (Day 3)

Postby Ugluk » 02 Mar 2015, 21:57

Obviously, I was never the cop. I have no special insight into Shirt's alignment. I am vanilla town.

Keirador

A mafia bird in hand seems better than an aspirant bird in the bush with a sniper rifle.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

Re: Mafia CXXXVII: A Shot in the Dark Game Thread (Day 3)

Postby Ugluk » 02 Mar 2015, 22:08

I have a suspicion that Shirt is mafia faction. In claiming to be the cop, and clearing Shirt, I was hoping that either Shirt or myself would be killed. If Shirt was mafia, I could hardly be lynched for bringing about his death with my fib. If Shirt was town, it's not a big loss, and now my lie has slightly more credibility and I have the option to run with it. And if I were killed, I'm just a vanilla townie. No big loss. And if the town gets their panties in a twist because I am lying to the aspirant, they don't have what it takes to win regardless.

As mafia, I'd be taking a big risk of the aspirant killing me. There's no way Shirt is the aspirant and kills himself, so I'm not hoping to ride the "omg I got the aspirant to kill the bad guy so I'm the only certified town neener neener".

As aspirant I could keep calling my marks as town before killing them, maybe even calling one mafia near the end so people lynch him and the aspirant (me) performs the coup de grace. But bear in mind there may be a real cop out there (unverified), so that's a pretty risky move to draw attention to myself this early in the game.

So.. does anyone have any thoughts as to why SJG was the target? I'm scratching my head.
Niakan is a tease.
Ugluk

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads