Mafia CXXIX: 8-Bit Mafia (Town Wins)

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Mafia CXXIX: 8-Bit Mafia (Town Wins)

Postby Crunkus » 10 Sep 2014, 04:49

8-Bit Mafia
An 11-player mafia variant
without a reset button

11 players, 14 classic games. The Super Mario Brothers Franchise is out to dominate that 8-bit world. Games will be traded away and stolen from the collection until it becomes dominated by the Mario Brothers, or cleansed of them completely.

The Rules of The Game

Game Status
  • Game completed during night #6
  • 1 player remained at the end of game.

Roster
  1. Blackswimmer
    • ImageImage
  2. Bwlvych
    • ImageImage
  3. condude1
    • ImageImage
  4. Izzmund
    • ImageImage
  5. JC1985
    • ImageImage
  6. Lollonais
    • ImageImage
  7. ninjaruler windupbird
    • ImageImage
  8. Robert Gesualdo
    • ImageImageImage
  9. sjg11
    • ImageImageImage
  10. Telleo
    • Imagehttp://www.videogamescrapbook.com/concepts/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Super_Mario_Bros._box.jpgImage
  11. thewysecatAmantea

Reserves
  • dodgy56 (September 15th+)
  • Actively recruiting.

Game Map
[*]Day #6
[*]Game ends. Town wins. The Legend of Zelda blows up and Mega Man 2 is defeated. Izzmund and Telleo are eliminated.
[*]AAR
[/list]
(sigh)
Crunkus

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Mafia CXXIX: 8-Bit Mafia (Night Zero)

Postby Crunkus » 11 Sep 2014, 18:18

Night Zero Update

Night Zero is progressing. The nature of this game requires that several play decisions be made on a player by player basis (instead of simultaneously) during night zero. This means a longer than usual night zero term. Your patience is appreciated. Once night zero is complete, things should move along at more brisk pace. I'd like to thank all the players and reserves again. As always, I pledge to keep the players informed. Please just keep checking your private messages as much as possible.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Postby Crunkus » 11 Sep 2014, 21:50

A Few Rule Reminders

• The identities of Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario Brothers 2, and Super Mario Brothers 3 are not roles in the sense they convey abilities. The scum all have the ability to issue theft orders in addition to any abilities they might have access to from their normal roles. The scum don't have cover roles, they have roles just like everyone else. There are no "town roles" or "scum roles".
  • All roles are public. I will be announcing pick order and who got what role at the beginning of day one. Once night zero is complete (not before then please), I even encourage you to change your avatar pic accordingly. I'm sure it would be useful to your fellow players and a bit of flavourful fun. Completely up to you though. If anyone needs help doing so, let me know. Note that your role will be public, but not the details or names of the abilities you have access to. For example, everyone will know who is Tetris and who is Excitebike. Everyone will know the order everyone picked. But that's pretty much it.
  • Pay attention to rule 2.6. Check your messages before posting. You may receive important game information during the day. If you miss it, that's part of the game. Stay frosty.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Postby Crunkus » 14 Sep 2014, 06:20

Status Update: Night Zero

• Night Zero will be drawing to a close soon. The GM had a big weekend, it was a real knock out. Expect developments on Sunday.
(sigh)
Crunkus

Postby Crunkus » 14 Sep 2014, 21:59

Day One Begins!

All the Games Have Been Chosen!
  • Bwlvych, Bubble Bobble, pick 8
  • Blackswimmer, Dr. Mario, pick 1
  • condude1, Double Dragon, pick 11
  • Izzmund, Legend of Zelda, pick 4
  • JC1985, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game, pick 10
  • Lollonais, Tetris, pick 5
  • ninjaruler, Kirby's Adventure, pick 7
  • Robert Gesualdo, Contra, pick 3
  • sjg11, Metal Gear, pick 2
  • Telleo, Mega Man 2, pick 6
  • thewysecat, Excitebike, pick 9

A Motocross Race is Underway!

Lap #1 Begins!

The Racers
  • Izzmund
  • JC1985
  • Lollonais
  • thewysecat

This day is approximately 72 hours long.
The day begins officially at the published time of this post.

Countdown Timer: Day 1

No players have private communication privileges unless they have received a GM message explicitly telling them that they do.

It's time to decide whose game to trade away!
(sigh)
Crunkus

Re: Mafia CXXIX: 8-Bit Mafia (Day One)

Postby sjg11 » 14 Sep 2014, 22:26

I'm here, it's late, more tomorrow, watch out for seals.
One of the people in charge of the Mafia forum.
Telleo wrote:The mafia forum, to them,
Sir SJG's known as a gem,
He writes a good game,
and runs it the same,
Oh what a perfect GM!

Come on Arsenal!
sjg11

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (908)
All-game rating: (899)
Timezone: GMT

Postby thewysecat » 14 Sep 2014, 22:45

I think this game might be more fucked up than even Mad World

Ok, so why did everyone pick the game they picked?

I picked Excite Bike because it was that or two fight games (I wanted to be Bubble Bobble - the only game I heard of/played in the arcade) and beat-em-ups I have always found dull.

As part of my role I picked 3 other players on N0 to race with. I picked them for reasons related to my role and to the fact that I have not played with two of them and one for a very long time.

My role has enormous power to distract the town and I wish to avoid that so I urge caution on my fellow racers, but I will be interested to see their response to the race. I shall say up front I hope to win the race, but see my first comment at the beginning of this paragraph

Wyse
"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognized the fool."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNdPgM8eY
thewysecat

Standard rating: (1518)
All-game rating: (1526)
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby Blackswimmer » 14 Sep 2014, 22:54

Ok, it's getting late, so this is a quick checking in post. Looking forward to the game, greetings to everyone.

One thing I want to get out there ASAP: all of you should have a multi-coloured vitamin capsule. You can give them to me by typing Here you go Dr. Mario! in thread, provided no one else has given me one since I last used one.

I can use these capsules to do stuff, the details of which I'm not going to go into here, but me having a supply of capsules will greatly aid the town. I'm not sure whether anyone is actually going to be convinced that giving me capsules is a good idea, especially right at the moment, but I figured I'd put this out there for people to be thinking on.

@TWC: Why did the fact that you've played Bubble Bobble make you want it as your role? Why didn't you want a fighting game? The fact that you find them dull to play shouldn't have any bearing on what you selected as your role. Can you give any better justification for your choice? And can you give us any more details on the race?

For myself, I was first to pick, saw a role that looked as if it might be a doc. Go figure.
Ugluk wrote:Blackswimmer: Sinking in the deep end.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby thewysecat » 14 Sep 2014, 23:06

Blackswimmer wrote: @TWC: Can you give any better justification for your choice?

Nope.

Blackswimmer wrote: And can you give us any more details on the race?

Could do. So could my opponents
"Of all the things I have known myself to be, I never recognized the fool."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuNdPgM8eY
thewysecat

Standard rating: (1518)
All-game rating: (1526)
Timezone: GMT-4

Postby condude1 » 14 Sep 2014, 23:15

Alright guys, I am Double Dragon, by no choice of my own. Had I been given the chance I probably would have picked Kirby in the hopes of getting a role thief type ability.

Now, some of you have items courtesy of me. I know what they do, and I don't want them going to poor use, so I think I have a way of telling you guys how to use them. I'm going to say a letter and whether to use it on town or scumreads. If that letter is the first one in your item, I'm referring to you. I'm going to give out 11 letters so as to not give any hints on how many items there are out there. There may be some letters that no one has. I know who has which item.

If your item begins with A, it is irrelevant who you target, and is town-neutral.
If your item begins with B, it is a role that should be used on your top scumread, and IMO is quite pro-town.
If your item begins with D, it is a role that should be used on your top scumread, and is about neutral for town utility.
If your item begins with G, it is a role that should be used on your top scumread, and IMO is anti-town.
If your item begins with K, it is a role that should be used on your top scumread, and is extremely pro-town.
If your item begins with L, it is a role that should be used on your top scumread, and is pro-town.
If your item begins with M, it is a role that should be used on your top townread, and is pretty close to neutral.
If your item begins with O, it is a role that should be used on your top scumread, and is anti-town.
If your item begins with R, it is a role that should be used on your top townread, and is quite pro-town.
If your item begins with S, it is a role that should be used on your top townread, and is moderately pro-town.
If your item begins with W, it is a role that should be used on your top townread, and is very pro-town.

Alright, that was fun. I would like everyone to give a quick summary of why they picked the game they did.

What's up with the motocross race, and who are the contestants?
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Next

Return to Game Threads