Lights Out Mafia Game Thread: Day 3

Moderators: condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11, Zoomzip, Telleo

Re: Lights Out Mafia Game Thread: Day 3

Postby Keirador » 03 Dec 2019, 08:04

Jesus H this SJG lynch is wild. Several SJG voters in thread don't appear to know or understand where it came from or why. And that's putting aside SJG's own melodrama, which I take pretty personally for probably obvious reasons and have some strongly-worded thoughts for in the AAR.

This was not a high-conviction lynch. ZZ and kim appear to have put the most thought into it, and part of ZZ's case--that sjg should have been making more sports-related insults--would have me screaming at ZZ if he hadn't been right. Do you all remember yourselves being more confident in lynching sjg than you represented yourselves as being at the time? Because I'm reading a lot of "well I don't want x or y, so. . . I guess sjg is as good as anything? But maybe we should change our minds?"
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Location: Living secretly in the home of every single resident of Night Vale
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1132)
All-game rating: (1133)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Lights Out Mafia Game Thread: Day 1

Postby Keirador » 03 Dec 2019, 08:15

Conq wrote:
JoeHoya06 wrote:
Conq wrote:What did you mean by "whoever started his train"? Does that mean the first person who voted for Sjg? Something else? Have you checked yet to see who that was?

Whoever pushed the lynch. I guess I used the wrong word choice? And no, I haven't. That's what overnight and D2 are for.

Fatmo, I voted SJG because I was turning into a possible lynch candidate, and of the not-me people who I would have been willing to lynch, he was the only viable candidate.

I'm like two minutes from voting Telleo and leaving the rest of you all to figure it out.

But that doesn't really make sense, Joe, because a lot of people pushed the lynch. How can you be sure that one of them will be strung up tomorrow if Sjg is town? You're not sure which one, but you are sure that one of them will be lynched?

I just feel like the way you worded that was the way the bad guys think. Okay, we got a Townie lynched Day 1, and now we have somebody set up for Day 2.

Like, this post is so fucking true but Joe was fucking town. This was not the triumph of the well-organized, well-researched lynch I thought we had on our hands to be so sure of our townreads.

I was expecting to be in a position as a substitute like I was in Alien Infection, where I agreed with the game consensus that the player I was subbing in for was a very reasonable candidate for the lynch. In this game, I figured if I read enough of the SJG lynch I'd see where shadow had shamed herself, others had proven themselves above reproach, and I just needed to do my best knowing the game consensus was wrong without being able to prove it. But like. . . re-read the SJG lynch, everybody. You might come away with different convictions.

That's especially imperative if that's what we're going to spend the rest of the day on anyway. If today's vote comes down to what happened on the EOD1 SJG lynch, go back and read it.
Did you know there’s a faceless old woman who secretly lives in your home? It’s true. She’s there now. She’s always there, just out of your sight. Always just out of your sight.
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 03 Dec 2019, 08:50

kimpossible wrote:Conq needs more examination from me -- feels town, but has thoroughly filled me in the past..

Kim between this and the all-night buggering you're just insatiable.
Keirador

Postby Keirador » 03 Dec 2019, 08:51

kimpossible wrote:Omg. Fooled, not filled. Conq has thoroughly fooled me in the past.

Putting the phone down now.

Ah, everybody's beating me to their own good goofs.
Keirador

Postby Telleo » 03 Dec 2019, 09:08

Keirador wrote:
kimpossible wrote:Omg. Fooled, not filled. Conq has thoroughly fooled me in the past.

Putting the phone down now.

Ah, everybody's beating me to their own good goofs.

You've always left me satisfied.
Harb wrote:Telleo is gender-bent Chaucer from A Knight's Tale

Moderator of the Mafia Subforum!
Proud Owner of a limited-edition Medal of Idiotic Valor.
"Russian Roulette is not the same without a gun." -Lady Gaga
Bad Wolf
Telleo

Standard rating: (951)
All-game rating: (908)
Timezone: GMT

Postby kimpossible » 03 Dec 2019, 13:48

Keirador wrote:That's especially imperative if that's what we're going to spend the rest of the day on anyway. If today's vote comes down to what happened on the EOD1 SJG lynch, go back and read it.

So it seems like the counter argument to this is that with a kinda wishy washy lynch, scum should have been able to argue against it better?
Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award

Her?
kimpossible

Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)

Postby Blackswimmer » 03 Dec 2019, 14:16

Keirador wrote:
Telleo wrote:It's not really right to think of it as a new argument that's accelerating unreasonably quickly - it's more like a multi-game argument that's had a chance to settle slightly between games. This kind of hostility has happened before: Nook v Me to some degree, Nook v Shadow at times, Crunkus v Most People, etc etc.

Ahh. I miss ol' Crunkus. Not when I was Most People, but still.

Speaking as someone who was pretty frequently Most People.... I really miss him. :(
Ugluk wrote:Blackswimmer: Sinking in the deep end.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Blackswimmer » 03 Dec 2019, 14:18

Zoomzip wrote:Problem is it depends on what the nature of our targetting is doing.

If our action is a killing action, then we need to limit its potential scope. If our action is an IR action, then we would want to broaden the scope. Unless the stipulation is that you have to target someone that someone else has targeted as well, and only singletons die. In which case we need to go back to a limited scope.

I don't know whether to aim broad or small.

OK, logic tree:

If you can choose to take no action and if so, no kills result, then take no action.

If you must take action....
... then determine whether the action would be better to be scatter based or targetted on a select few.

"Scatter based"= If multiple people select the same target they all die.
"Targetted based"= If people don't agree on a target then the ones alone die.

If the action should be scatter based...
...and it is a protective action, target the person below you in the roster.
...and it is an IR action, target the person below you in the roster.
...and it is a killing action... then what the fuck?

If the action is targetted based...
...and it is a protective action, target Kim
...and it is an IR Action, target someone off the SJG vote
...and it is a killing action, target someone off the SJG Vote.

Does that work?

I'm good with this, but I dislike the "someone off the SJG vote". Why not pick someone specific? I nominate Telleo, or Keir if Telleo's lynched.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Postby Blackswimmer » 03 Dec 2019, 14:27

Telleo wrote:
kimpossible wrote:
Telleo wrote:I am concerned by the line Kim’s pushing now, that BS shouldn’t be as okay with POE as he appears.

Why? Like, if I'm scum here, I should be pretty okay with riding the POE train, no?

Poor clarity on my part; should be more like, "I am concerned, just like Kim is, about BS's apparent okay-ness with POE." Not "I am concerned about Kim's behavior in pushing a line of questioning at BS about his okay-ness with POE."

Someone explain please why I'm the one catching all the flack for the PoE stuff? UFO's process seems pretty similar to mine on this. And is the PoE line not why Kim is voting Keir?

Telleo wrote:
Zoomzip wrote:
kimpossible wrote:@Zoomzip:

If you are so certain scum didn't bus sjg, why was "sjg tried to lynch UFO and UFO drive a successful lynch on him in response" insufficient to support my D2 townread on UFO? Why was it insufficient enough to make you question your townread on me? Why are you suddenly content to let the D1 wagons drive a Keirador lynch and not questioning it?

I'm going to need citations on a whole bunch of this. I spoke D2 that the SJG/UFO interactions suggested that UFO was more likely to be town than randomly. I'm not entirely sure what the second question is supposed to mean, and if it means "Why did you question your town read on me" again, citation needed, because I don't think it did or I did. And as for the driving of a Keirador lynch, there is no reason in either Shadow's day play, or night convo with me, or anything Keir has done since, to suggest it isn't a good idea. I mean, unless you want to believe that all the scum hopped aboard the SJG train... boggles. Which is what you are suggesting, I guess? Why? I mean, examining the counterfactual of "Maybe they both bussed" is reasonable, but... Seriously, is that where your head is?

Strong dislike.

"There's no reason to NOT lynched SF/K" is a terrible reason to lynch SF/K. If for no other reason than the POE that leads to that slot also leads to me, and Keir's a fresh perspective on the game that regardless of alignment will be useful to the town to allow to catch up. If that's all this is, vote me instead.

Are you seriously saying that you'd prefer to see yourself lynched than Keir?

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

Postby Blackswimmer » 03 Dec 2019, 14:28

kimpossible wrote:
Keirador wrote:That's especially imperative if that's what we're going to spend the rest of the day on anyway. If today's vote comes down to what happened on the EOD1 SJG lynch, go back and read it.

So it seems like the counter argument to this is that with a kinda wishy washy lynch, scum should have been able to argue against it better?

+1 on this. The fact that for many it was an "eh, best we've got" kinda lynch makes it look a lot less like a bus.

I'll be back
Blackswimmer

PreviousNext

Return to Sign-ups and Rules