Forest for the Trees Mafia (Town Victory!)

Games that are currently underway. These games are usually still looking for reserve players. PM the GM if you wish to sign on as a reserve.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 2)

Postby condude1 » 03 Jul 2022, 23:07

Please stop posting. Results will be in shortly.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

Moderator of the Mafia Subforums!

Silver member of The Classicists!
condude1

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1368)
All-game rating: (1307)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby condude1 » 03 Jul 2022, 23:24

Justinrs2 (3): Strategus, Shadowface, Conq
Shadowface (1): Justinrs2
No Vote (2): AKFD, Fatmo

Again, an axe is raised over the guillotine's rope, but the executioner's hand pauses for a moment. Their thoughtful moment ends, and the axe comes down. The guillotine's blade follows, and Justinrs2 slumps over where he crouched, alone in a bush. Another sad day for the hunters.

condude1 wrote:Justin,

You are Travis, the Tinkerer. You are a Hunter.
You are warned when you step into an area with a trap.
If you disable a trap, you may place it in your location at a future time. You cannot trigger a trap you set yourself.
You can hide particularly well in structures.

And with that, we head into Night 2. It will end on July 5th, 2022, at 7 PM PDT. All future deadlines will be in the evening, as I will be busy throughout the day from now on. Maps will be out tonight.
Telleo wrote:I don't think I've ever met someone who more perfectly embodied Chaotic Neutral than Condude1.

condude1

Postby condude1 » 06 Jul 2022, 03:31

A red sky dawns over the forest, as the few remaining people open their eyes. The three of you... that is.

AKFD has died in the night.

Role PM wrote:AKFD,

You are Hrope, Twilight Prowler. You are a Predator. The other Predator is [redacted].
You are a patient hunter, waiting until you are certain you know where your prey is before you attack. As such, you are difficult to hide from, although somewhat easier to outrun.
You may attempt to ambush someone during the day. This means that you lie in wait where you are. Should another player pass by, you leap out at them, making a bonus nightkill attempt on that player. This takes the place of interacting with your environment during the day.

As a predator, you have some additional privileges:
Also [redacted]!

Conq has died in the night.

condude1 wrote:Conq,

You are The Hermit

During any night phase, you may return to your den. You may not remain in your den for more than two entire day/night cycles in a row, and you must spend at least one day/night cycle elsewhere in the forest between times in your den.

When in your den, any attacks at night will fail. In addition, you cannot explore the forest while in your den. Your vote is worth 0 (secretly) while you are in your den.

If you are in your den when you would be daykilled, instead, the town is notified that you are the hermit and that you are in your den.

The town will be notified that “The hermit has left their den” whenever you leave your den.

Weary and shocked, the remaining players continue about their business, now with more urgency than ever.

Day 3 has begun, it will end on July 9th, at 7:00 PM PDT. You may begin posting.

condude1

Postby shadowface » 06 Jul 2022, 04:13

Lol how did that happen :lol: I thought this was a lost cause
The player formerly known as shadowfriend1
Proud bearer of the Angle of Unnecessary Overshoot
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (892)
All-game rating: (892)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby shadowface » 06 Jul 2022, 04:19

Justin if you're reading this I'm very sorry for jumping to conclusions and assuming you attacked me at night. My bad.

That said I still think you're going to win. I'll read and try my best to solve this when I'm home!! Haven't really had a chance to give this game serious thought or play not from my phone yet but I will today! I bet there's enough in the thread to solve. :)

Also can someone explain how all those baddies died :lol:
Previously cursed by the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:, now an innocent, reformed townsperson
shadowface

Postby Fatmo » 06 Jul 2022, 08:58

OH HELL YES.

Shadow, I now think you're the unicorn based on how you interacted with/treated Conq yesterday now that I think about it.

Oh, and Shadow's last post. Where she was apologizing to Justin, and saying that she still thinks "you're" (Justin the flipped town) going to win once shadow solves the game. That feels like a unicorn perspective post, since the unicorn can win with us as long as the hermit and all the predators are killed.

I'm the last hunter.

We can win together if we kill Strat if I'm right.

Strat, if you're the unicorn, we really need to talk, because I'm not there. I did have a tinfoil theory that you were a 3P for the first two days, and with me if you weren't. Lol you're really hard to read sometimes, and this game has been extra weird with all these factions. I'm just going off my memory of how shadow treated Conq yesterday as opposed to D1, and I really feel like it's her that's the unicorn, and now even more so with her last post. I feel like both conq and her got into this thing where, at least on Shadow's end, she backed way off Conq compared to how she was on him on D1 because he was playing in a way that took pressure off of her. Like I feel like she felt like Conq was the Hermit once that happened and that they should try to be friendly with each other, since yea, the VCs for the 3Ps really do make it so that it's likely to be beneficial for both to keep chill with the other and keep them alive. That's what that dynamic felt like. It really felt like shadow was just treating Conq almost like a known team mate, and I never had that feeling with her on anyone else in this game.

Also I told y'all Justin sounded town lol.

I won't be around for EOD like I've been the last two days. I'll try to be around more before then, like I haven't really been able to be. I'm going to a wedding over the weekend, and festivities kind of start Thursday night.

But at the same time, in my mind, as of now, I feel decently confident about this. I know I haven't been around as much as I'd like, but at this point, yea I think I've gotten there.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Fatmo » 06 Jul 2022, 09:19

AKFD wrote:
Conq wrote:I claim Hunter.

As far as I can tell from the rules, nobody has any reason to hurt the Hermit. Hermit should claim so that we can avoid hurting him or her. I’m hunting Predators and Unicorns. Let’s work together!

+1

Omg lmao I even asked AK what was up with this +1 when I first checked in I believe, and this exchange is now infinitely funnier with both of them not being hunters and Conq being the hermit. Lmao this shit is perfect.
You don't know what I'm thinking...because I don't know what I'm doing.

Conq wrote:Fatmo — you are a relentless mountain stream, ever-flowing, slowly but surely carving away at the rock face below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjEgjTfcEJk
Fatmo

Standard rating: (1089)
All-game rating: (1050)

Postby shadowface » 06 Jul 2022, 09:28

Fatmo, strat, are either of you responsible for any of these corpses lying in the middle of the thread?
shadowface

Postby Strategus » 06 Jul 2022, 10:04

shadowface wrote:Fatmo, strat, are either of you responsible for any of these corpses lying in the middle of the thread?

I killed Conq. I can only guess either Conq killed AK, or he fell into some trap like you did.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
World Cup Winner 2020
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Standard rating: 1554
All-game rating: 1723
Timezone: GMT

Postby Strategus » 06 Jul 2022, 10:13

Unless the Unicorn can kill. Maybe trample to death or use the spikey horn skewer thingy.
The Devil makes work for idle forces

Better to have fought and lost, than never to have fought at all
Actual Platinum Classicist
I did WDC 2017

UK f2f Champion 2019
World Cup Winner 2020
Just say "NO!" To carebears and kittens
Strategus

Standard rating: 1554
All-game rating: 1723
Timezone: GMT