Forest for the Trees Mafia (Town Victory!)

Games that are currently underway. These games are usually still looking for reserve players. PM the GM if you wish to sign on as a reserve.

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, condude1, bkbkbk, sjg11

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Justinrs2 » 25 Jun 2022, 00:53

shadowface wrote:Icewolfy is probably scum too.

I can never read strat, idk.

And Fatmo remains a man of mystery

We're vibing, Shadow.

Please don't tell me this game is your turn to snow me
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1312
All-game rating: 1201
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Conq » 25 Jun 2022, 02:43

My reads:

Strategus is a Hunter.

Shadow and Justin are not Hunters.

@Strategus, I want to meet up with you. I do not think it is wise to move around alone. I propose this: you select a place in the forest to travel to. Go wherever you want. Check it out. Search the underbrush, etc. If you determine it is safe, tell the thread. I will use my movement to go there too. I don’t care what place you choose. Some place interesting, I hope. Just make it some place that I would be able to identify as well and travel to in order to meet you.

Also, anyone else who feels that moving in groups would support their win condition, you are welcomed to join us. Just tell the thread that you are going to join before you do, so that there is accountability here if anyone is injured.

How does this sound?
User avatar
Conq
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2439
All-game rating: 2647
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Conq » 25 Jun 2022, 02:52

shadowface wrote:Conq can you follow up on how you're reading me rn? You were voting me for sussing you, does that still weigh in your mind?

Let me explain:

I do not believe there is any valid reason to suspect me of anything right now. I believe I am hunting for scum and suggesting at least interesting ideas and generally moving the game forward. Now, if I’m Hunter!Shadow, I’m plenty suspicious of Conq being crafty scum, so I’m not exactly town-reading him, but I’m interested in what he has to say and I’m not quick to slay him if I don’t know who’s team he is on.

What I have seen from you is just a rapid and unjustified effort to discredit and kill me. You do not suggest any possible interest in working with me or engaging with my ideas. None.

I don’t think you’d do that if you were unsure about whether I was on your team. I suspect that you know I am not on your team. That would make you some manner of scum.
User avatar
Conq
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2439
All-game rating: 2647
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Justinrs2 » 25 Jun 2022, 03:44

Conq wrote:My reads:

Strategus is a Hunter.

Shadow and Justin are not Hunters.

I do not believe you have genuinely tried to solve either myself, strat, or shadow, in thread, and instead reached this conclusion after our first respective posts and stayed at it, with no attempt to reconsider in light of new info, ever since.

Try to actually solve the game.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1312
All-game rating: 1201
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Conq » 25 Jun 2022, 03:46

Justinrs2 wrote:
Conq wrote:My reads:

Strategus is a Hunter.

Shadow and Justin are not Hunters.

I do not believe you have genuinely tried to solve either myself, strat, or shadow, in thread, and instead reached this conclusion after our first respective posts and stayed at it, with no attempt to reconsider in light of new info, ever since.

Try to actually solve the game.

That may be true, actually.

What do you think is the new information I should consider? I haven’t found anything particularly new or readable. What do you think I’ve missed?
User avatar
Conq
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2439
All-game rating: 2647
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Justinrs2 » 25 Jun 2022, 03:53

Conq wrote:
Justinrs2 wrote:
Conq wrote:My reads:

Strategus is a Hunter.

Shadow and Justin are not Hunters.

I do not believe you have genuinely tried to solve either myself, strat, or shadow, in thread, and instead reached this conclusion after our first respective posts and stayed at it, with no attempt to reconsider in light of new info, ever since.

Try to actually solve the game.

That may be true, actually.

What do you think is the new information I should consider? I haven’t found anything particularly new or readable. What do you think I’ve missed?

As an example, you seized on the red vote thing as evidence of my obvious guilt, then when it became clear this was just an ordinary thing for me to do on this website, pivoted back to bashing me for other reasons.

Maybe you did genuinely reconsider whether I was scum or not and conclude I still was, but I didn't see that thought process in thread, which is the part that has been frustrating to me in our interactions. I would like to try to meet with you on some things and leave the door open for us to come together for if you are town, but it has felt difficult at times this game. I haven't felt those moments of meeting in the middle much at all, despite us talking a lot.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1312
All-game rating: 1201
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Conq » 25 Jun 2022, 03:56

Justinrs2 wrote:As an example, you seized on the red vote thing as evidence of my obvious guilt, then when it became clear this was just an ordinary thing for me to do on this website, pivoted back to bashing me for other reasons.

Maybe you did genuinely reconsider whether I was scum or not and conclude I still was, but I didn't see that thought process in thread, which is the part that has been frustrating to me in our interactions. I would like to try to meet with you on some things and leave the door open for us to come together for if you are town, but it has felt difficult at times this game. I haven't felt those moments of meeting in the middle much at all, despite us talking a lot.

So, the red vote was one thing. I may have been wrong about that one, I’m not sure. But when I learned there was no hammer, it felt different.

The reason I am scum reading you now because I think your move mechanic may work differently than mine, and my move mechanic is a Hunter’s move mechanic.
User avatar
Conq
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2439
All-game rating: 2647
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Justinrs2 » 25 Jun 2022, 04:04

Conq wrote:
Justinrs2 wrote:As an example, you seized on the red vote thing as evidence of my obvious guilt, then when it became clear this was just an ordinary thing for me to do on this website, pivoted back to bashing me for other reasons.

Maybe you did genuinely reconsider whether I was scum or not and conclude I still was, but I didn't see that thought process in thread, which is the part that has been frustrating to me in our interactions. I would like to try to meet with you on some things and leave the door open for us to come together for if you are town, but it has felt difficult at times this game. I haven't felt those moments of meeting in the middle much at all, despite us talking a lot.

So, the red vote was one thing. I may have been wrong about that one, I’m not sure. But when I learned there was no hammer, it felt different.

The reason I am scum reading you now because I think your move mechanic may work differently than mine, and my move mechanic is a Hunter’s move mechanic.

Huh. Not what I expected.

I would advise seeking GM clarification on moving, because if you are assuming we could only move once, that's also what I assumed prior to asking condude about it.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1312
All-game rating: 1201
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Conq » 25 Jun 2022, 04:12

Justinrs2 wrote:
Conq wrote:
Justinrs2 wrote:As an example, you seized on the red vote thing as evidence of my obvious guilt, then when it became clear this was just an ordinary thing for me to do on this website, pivoted back to bashing me for other reasons.

Maybe you did genuinely reconsider whether I was scum or not and conclude I still was, but I didn't see that thought process in thread, which is the part that has been frustrating to me in our interactions. I would like to try to meet with you on some things and leave the door open for us to come together for if you are town, but it has felt difficult at times this game. I haven't felt those moments of meeting in the middle much at all, despite us talking a lot.

So, the red vote was one thing. I may have been wrong about that one, I’m not sure. But when I learned there was no hammer, it felt different.

The reason I am scum reading you now because I think your move mechanic may work differently than mine, and my move mechanic is a Hunter’s move mechanic.

Huh. Not what I expected.

I would advise seeking GM clarification on moving, because if you are assuming we could only move once, that's also what I assumed prior to asking condude about it.

I actually thought that was the rule. Did I make that up?
User avatar
Conq
 
Posts: 3002
Joined: 06 Mar 2014, 01:46
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 2439
All-game rating: 2647
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Forest for the Trees Mafia (Day 1)

Postby Justinrs2 » 25 Jun 2022, 04:18

Conq wrote:
Justinrs2 wrote:
Conq wrote:So, the red vote was one thing. I may have been wrong about that one, I’m not sure. But when I learned there was no hammer, it felt different.

The reason I am scum reading you now because I think your move mechanic may work differently than mine, and my move mechanic is a Hunter’s move mechanic.

Huh. Not what I expected.

I would advise seeking GM clarification on moving, because if you are assuming we could only move once, that's also what I assumed prior to asking condude about it.

I actually thought that was the rule. Did I make that up?

Wait. It is the rule. And I misinterpreted Condude's clarification as meaning we have infinite moves when really we have infinite interactions. I can no longer move today.

Whoops.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:

"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 2118
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1312
All-game rating: 1201
Timezone: GMT-6

PreviousNext

Return to Active

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests