Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Moderators: Zoomzip, Telleo, bkbkbk, condude1, sjg11

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby kimpossible » 23 Feb 2021, 17:15

jakofipa wrote:The thing I don't understand, is what do you perceive the downsides of having a free jury is.

If we ignore the orange vote and that plan, do you think the mechanic of the Jury is innately pro-town or pro-scum?

Because most of your argument is why having a free Jury is not good, rather than the benefits of your/Justin's plan, as it effectively neutralises the Jury mechanic.

The only positive I can see for the orange voters in the jury is to form a dipole on the other two jury members going into D3. However, I haven't seen you peddling this argument at all. Is this a key argument to you, or just a trivial extra?

It’s more that I don’t think the jury discussion is going to actually be useful to anything in the rest of the game, or at the very least not until considerably later, well past D2. I see a way to take a largely pointless jury exercise that fucks with our D2 voting and minimize the damage that freezing 4 votes based on D1 information is going to cause. You guys want to argue that it’s nullifying this super valuable voting data the jury will give us, I’m trying to get you to explain what the great value is that you see in an artificial discussion and vote that locks 4 votes onto a D1 null read based on no other data.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby kimpossible » 23 Feb 2021, 17:18

Nanook wrote:If Kim were mafia that knew there was a hidden rule or hidden rules undisclosed to town, why would she bring it/them up

Kim lock town

I could just about weep with joy at having someone whose logic is so very straightforward in the game.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby Justinrs2 » 23 Feb 2021, 17:24

I actually feel better about my AK vote now. Jim's seeing what I'm seeing, and some of the players I view as null/leanscum are unwilling to touch it. If it was some genuine slip of the tongue, I think it'd get a full wagon, although it would conversely be less scummy.

Could this all be as simple as Jako/AK on a scumteam? That's what my gut tells me. Seems too easy, but I get bad vibes whenever they're posting together. It requires some looking at it again with fresh eyes.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface wrote:Justin is a god-tier scum


"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1310
All-game rating: 1202
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby Justinrs2 » 23 Feb 2021, 17:29

The Jury is useless. The only thing it does do is prevent 3 people from being redvoted on D2. The "voting data" is not particularly useful, with no flips, in an environment where it could be no scum or three scum.

I say we stick 3 townreads in there+ Gregor or me. Everyone votes Gregor/me. Tomorrow, if we're town cleared, that wagon gets ignored, and we dogpile to get a normal result outside of it. Then we orange vote the wagon to see how our townreads hold up. If there's a dipole, of course, those votes are now useful.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface wrote:Justin is a god-tier scum


"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1310
All-game rating: 1202
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby kimpossible » 23 Feb 2021, 17:30

Justinrs2 wrote:I actually feel better about my AK vote now. Jim's seeing what I'm seeing, and some of the players I view as null/leanscum are unwilling to touch it. If it was some genuine slip of the tongue, I think it'd get a full wagon, although it would conversely be less scummy.

Could this all be as simple as Jako/AK on a scumteam? That's what my gut tells me. Seems too easy, but I get bad vibes whenever they're posting together. It requires some looking at it again with fresh eyes.

Recap for me why Jako?

PPE: Fucking THANK you.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby Justinrs2 » 23 Feb 2021, 17:31

Jako actually did bring up a good point- the 3 "not guilty" jurors are immune to DK, which if we put Gregor and me on the wagon could leave the scum between us alive until D3. Putting one of us on the wagon solves that.
Holder of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess :twisted:
shadowface wrote:Justin is a god-tier scum


"To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty"- Napoleon Bonaparte

The world when I was 20
User avatar
Justinrs2
 
Posts: 1123
Joined: 24 Feb 2018, 00:13
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1310
All-game rating: 1202
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby lecrae » 23 Feb 2021, 17:32

I’m not a fan of people shaming Jako’s vote on UDC for no tangible reason. You’re actively discouraging probative town play.
User avatar
lecrae
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 01:32
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby kimpossible » 23 Feb 2021, 17:35

lecrae wrote:I’m not a fan of people shaming Jako’s vote on UDC for no tangible reason. You’re actively discouraging probative town play.

I’m not a fan of you not being a fan of people not being fans of bad votes.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby kimpossible » 23 Feb 2021, 17:35

Justinrs2 wrote:Jako actually did bring up a good point- the 3 "not guilty" jurors are immune to DK, which if we put Gregor and me on the wagon could leave the scum between us alive until D3. Putting one of us on the wagon solves that.

The Green Vote solves it.
Former Bearer of the Aura of Greater Towniness.
Temporary Custodian Resentful Keeper of the Talisman of Greater Scumminess. :evil: (now gifted to its rightful owner)
Owner of the highly coveted and very prestigious First to Notice Award.
User avatar
kimpossible
 
Posts: 8660
Joined: 28 Jun 2017, 20:54
Location: Arlington, VA
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1058)
All-game rating: (1063)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Multi-Coloured Vote Mafia (Day One)

Postby lecrae » 23 Feb 2021, 17:36

Jinkies, we have way less time till end of day than I thought.

Anyone who’s still focusing on mechanics and not scumhunting at this point should be policy killed. Mechanics discussions are secondary. Even though I want Kim off the wagon, I say we just accept it’s Justin/Gregor, vote four people who we’d like to see under the pressure cooker of the jury, and move on to what’s actually important.

PPE: Okay I lol’d.
User avatar
lecrae
 
Posts: 5198
Joined: 06 Nov 2012, 01:32
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1262)
All-game rating: (1305)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests