Premium Membership issues resolved

Official announcements from the creators

Premium Membership issues resolved

Postby super_dipsy » 16 Sep 2020, 19:49

As a number of players know, the mechanism to register your Premium after paying a subscription has been having some reliability problems. Most are fine but a reasonable number were not processing right.

We made some changes a few days ago to try to resolve the problem. The good news is that since we made the changes, all premium membership payments have been implemented correctly.

It therefore appearss we have resovled this issue at last :D. Of course, if anyone encointers any issues, please do report them, but things seem fine now.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Premium Membership issues resolved

Postby georgekatkins » 05 Oct 2020, 04:50

Hello!

I tried to renew my membership and had just got through putting in the card info. When I went to put in my billing address, etc., I auto-filled it from my browser's memory. When that happened, the screen flashed a few times and returned with no entries filled in and no confirmation. The country/region dropdown field at the top now read "Mongolia". I did not attempt to fill in the form again.

At this point, I don't know if the payment went through. But it was unsettling.

It would also be nice if there was a virtual keyboard for that page. Just a thought.

George K. Atkins
georgekatkins
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1053)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby georgekatkins » 07 Oct 2020, 04:25

Tried again and it worked.
georgekatkins
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1046)
All-game rating: (1053)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby FloridaMan » 21 Oct 2020, 02:48

super_dipsy wrote:As a number of players know, the mechanism to register your Premium after paying a subscription has been having some reliability problems. Most are fine but a reasonable number were not processing right.

We made some changes a few days ago to try to resolve the problem. The good news is that since we made the changes, all premium membership payments have been implemented correctly.

It therefore appearss we have resovled this issue at last :D. Of course, if anyone encointers any issues, please do report them, but things seem fine now.

If I recall correctly, I had this issue myself, until you fixed it. I just wanted to say, thank you for your tireless efforts at consistently resolving this stuff. I know we mostly come to you with problems, but I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate the phenomenal job you do.
Check Out My Diplomacy YouTube Channel!

"I've been looking forward to this."
~ Count Dooku, Star Wars

"Our blades are sharp."
~ Words of House Bolton, A Song of Ice and Fire

Tied for 10th Position in the 2020 Liberty Cup
FloridaMan
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1693
All-game rating: 1786
Timezone: GMT-5