5 Player Diplomacy- Fall of Year 1

Played on an abstract map. Devised and introduced by Yhanthlei. GM - Yhanthlei. Draw between BigBert and Flight253

5 Player Diplomacy- Fall of Year 1

Postby Yhanthlei » 11 May 2011, 10:41

The first sweep of the neutral supply centers sees little direct conflict, with the notable exception of Blue and Yellow's color appropriate class over the island province of New Sweden. Their fleets remain as they were, staring each other down.

Red NMRs, tragically, denying the nation a build and an opportunity to bounce out an enemy from the now almost entirely claimed central supply center cluster. I imagine that the Red Emperor will soon find need for an extra unit to command, with Blue armies marching across the isle and a Green fleet off the red coast.

Yellow and Purple keep the flashpoint Sea of Comets a no-man's land between them, but the Yellow Emperor must have some concerns about the two Purple Fleets in the northern waters and a possible fleet build in Kush. An army stands vigilant in the Yellow Submarine province, guarding the homeland.

The Supply Centers still up for grabs are the contested Sweden, the uncontested Masquerade, and the likely soon to be contested Chromatic Orb province.

Yellow claims one build, Purple claims two, Blue claims two, Red claims none, and Green claims an impressive three as I realize that if you zoom in close enough in photoshop the smokestacks at the back of that nation's fleets resemble penises. But, that was an unnecessary digression. The map is included, and builds orders are due at the usual time tomorrow, 10pm Wednesday night Pacific time, 5am Thursday morning, GMT. Without build orders to send in naarkus is unable to NMR a second time in a row, but instead I request a message confirming that naarkus is still in the game within two days or I'll contact an Emergency General (Kurciski or whoever else volunteers).

Good luck to all.

Orders:

Yellow:
SYS move ATB
WYS move Swe
Sub hold

Purple:
Dom-->Sho
Hze-->Hrt
Ksh-->Dom

Blue:
F Bal - Swe
F Ccn - DPW
F Not - Bok
A Jen - Ste

Red:
NMR!

Green:
Wat to aqu
Ecs to fsh
Cor to Gru
Attachments
5 Player- Fall of Year 1.jpg
5 Player- Fall of Year 1.jpg (228.91 KiB) Viewed 1652 times
Anglia in Heptarchy test game A
Yhanthlei

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: 5 Player Diplomacy- Fall of Year 1

Postby Yhanthlei » 12 May 2011, 01:38

The question was asked whether we were playing with build anywhere or home center only rules, so I figure that I should answer here. We are playing home center builds only, as in vanilla diplomacy.
Yhanthlei

Postby nautalus » 12 May 2011, 16:25

Hi everyone,
I will be out for the weekend, so I would like to request either a pause in the game until Monday or an Emergency General to fill in for me. Just in case you decide on an Emergency General, I will PM Kurciski about my diplomatic situation.
A mathematician is: a blind man in a dark room looking for a black cat that is not there.
nautalus

Postby Pedros » 12 May 2011, 16:37

Pause no problem for me
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Flight253 » 12 May 2011, 16:42

You can pause it.
GM of Ancient Mediterranean 4

STABBER
Flight253

Postby Yhanthlei » 12 May 2011, 22:59

No problem. We'll pause it, then. I'll update to show the builds now, but we'll delay Spring 1901 orders. Would orders due Tuesday night be acceptable?
Yhanthlei

Postby Pedros » 12 May 2011, 23:13

Fine by me
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Return to 5-Player Diplomacy [1 Game] {All Maps Lost}