Cancelled

New games taking their initial sign-ups and active games needing replacements / reserves.

Moderator: Morg

Cancelled

Postby VaeVictis » 13 Aug 2017, 05:20

Last edited by VaeVictis on 20 Feb 2018, 04:49, edited 17 times in total.
VaeVictis

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1248)
All-game rating: (1251)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: 1803 (0/5)

Postby ccloughley » 13 Aug 2017, 16:54

I'd definitely be interested.

If you need a reference based on diplomat status you can ask Aeschines I guess (I played in two of his forum games so far).
A deal is a deal is a deal until a better deal comes along...

Smile. Smile. Smile. Kill. Smile.
ccloughley

Standard rating: (1026)
All-game rating: (1046)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: 1803 (0/5)

Postby VaeVictis » 15 Aug 2017, 04:18

ccloughley wrote:I'd definitely be interested.

If you need a reference based on diplomat status you can ask Aeschines I guess (I played in two of his forum games so far).

Everything checks out, reliability wise. So, welcome to the game, ccloughley.
VaeVictis

Re: 1803 (1/5)

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 15 Aug 2017, 19:58

Sign me up!
Forum Admin & New Variant Development Assistant

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 15 Aug 2017, 20:05

Edit: redacted
Last edited by NoPunIn10Did on 15 Aug 2017, 20:53, edited 1 time in total.

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Postby RedSun » 15 Aug 2017, 20:14

Sorry if you had the answer above and I missed it but:

Do your bids on powers stack up or do all bids go back to 0 at the end?

Also can you discuss your bids with other powers or is it like a blind auction?
Groups:
The Glorious Holy Asterian Empire in CYOC
RedSun

Standard rating: (1156)
All-game rating: (1173)

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 15 Aug 2017, 20:31

Also be especially careful to know national flags and country colors by referencing the map, table of nations, or by asking questions of me. An excuse of "oh, fiddlesticks, I can never remember the minutia of all those little flags" is not a viable excuse for sending incorrect or incomplete orders. If you mistake a flag or color it is on you, not me. Remember, when in doubt of province/sea space borders or piece locations, always ask me.

Do you have an image that we can use to match up the little flags with their colors, powers, and SC's?

The starting map is fine, but as soon as those little guys start moving around, I expect it will get chaotic.

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Postby VaeVictis » 15 Aug 2017, 23:01

RedSun wrote:Sorry if you had the answer above and I missed it but:

Do your bids on powers stack up or do all bids go back to 0 at the end?

Also can you discuss your bids with other powers or is it like a blind auction?

Under the last point of the "Wealth and Subsidies" Special Rule section:
Subsidies must be paid each game year to secure the control or the neutrality of major powers or the neutrality of minor powers. Great powers do not retain control or a portion of their subsidies invested in major and minor powers over successive turns.

This means that any subsidies/bids on major power control/neutrality or minor power neutrality are reduced to zero with the Fall Adjustments Phase. Then great power Wealth amounts are recalculated based on supply centers and wealth-valued non-supply centers captured, and the great powers/players may bid/subsidize major and minor powers again with the coming Spring Bidding Phase.

However, minor powers that are successfully controlled by great powers/players become "client states" of those great powers for the remainder of the game (or until captured, see under points 1 & 6 of the "Minor Powers" subsection of the Special Rules). So, minor powers, once controlled, become part of the great power that controls them and their pieces become pieces of the great power that controls them (except with regard to disbands, see under "Minor Powers" subsection).

With regard to bids/subsidies, players can announce them publicly, share them through messages with other powers, intentionally deceive other players, etc. The sky is the limit for diplomacy surrounding bids/subsidies, so long as players accurately relate their bids/subsidies to the game master in their Spring Bidding Phase orders.

I also just added this section to "Wealth and Subsidies" to clarify incorrect orders in which players might exceed the amount of wealth available to them during a Spring Bidding Phase:
If a player accidentally or intentionally exceeds the amount of wealth available to him per Spring Bidding Phase as determined through the Fall Adjustments, then all his bids/subsidies are void and the game master will disregard that player’s bids/subsidies for that Spring Bidding Phase. However, players are not required to use all of the wealth available to them.
VaeVictis

Postby VaeVictis » 15 Aug 2017, 23:18

nopunin10did wrote:
Also be especially careful to know national flags and country colors by referencing the map, table of nations, or by asking questions of me. An excuse of "oh, fiddlesticks, I can never remember the minutia of all those little flags" is not a viable excuse for sending incorrect or incomplete orders. If you mistake a flag or color it is on you, not me. Remember, when in doubt of province/sea space borders or piece locations, always ask me.

Do you have an image that we can use to match up the little flags with their colors, powers, and SC's?

The starting map is fine, but as soon as those little guys start moving around, I expect it will get chaotic.

Welcome to the game, nopunin10did.

What is hilarious about your question (at least with regard to my own failure) is that I reference a "table of nations" in my house rules, but forgot to attach it in the rules. I have since added an image below the map that includes all of the great, major, and minor powers' pieces, colors, and flags with labels.
VaeVictis

Re: 1803 (2/5)

Postby VaeVictis » 15 Aug 2017, 23:19

Additionally, I forgot to add this about Saxony and Bavaria as landlocked major powers:
The landlocked major powers, Bavaria and Saxony, may place a fleet in an unoccupied coastal supply center that they control. That coastal supply center then becomes their second home supply center and remains so for the remainder of the game or until those major powers might be eliminated.
VaeVictis

Next

Return to PbF Game Recruitment