Rules - Game and GM

Crowded map with the addition of random blackholes. GM'ed by EpicDim

Moderator: Morg

Rules - Game and GM

Postby EpicDim » 28 Oct 2015, 07:26

Recruiting a new game. 3/2/2 with 5 days for Spring 1901. Blind Auction for start.

This would be played on the Crowded map with 11 players. This map has 35 SCs and the starting map winning condition is 18 SCs. (Over half)

Please note that these black hole rules are slightly different than ones you may be used to.

Also note that since there won't be any hidden orders or units, but there will be random selections if I get a request for a second eyes (from a player) I will add a second eyes GM to the game. (Edit: morg will be the second eyes)

Rules:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Regular rules of Diplomacy apply except as below.

2. The winner is the player that at the end of a Fall move/retreat owns over half of the non-black holed SCs. This game could end with everyone eliminated which will be considered an 11-way tie.

3. During each Spring and Fall move two spaces will be randomly selected from the 75 passable provinces on the board plus Switzerland. (76 total) These two spaces will become or return from a BLACK HOLE. The provinces selected can include both land and sea spaces.

4. A space which becomes a black hole will cease to exist immediately after the move phase. Any unit ending in that space will be allowed to retreat during the retreat phase or choose to be removed with the black hole. If a unit bounces during the retreat from a black hole it bounces back into the black hole and is removed as if it had not retreated. If the province is a supply center it is considered out of the game. All provinces which are adjacent to the Black Hole are now adjacent to each other i.e. movement, support, retreats and convoys can pass through them as though they weren't there. A province which returns from a black hole comes back with the unit(s) and supply center that disappeared with it when it became a black hole. Supply centers return with the same ownership they had when they disappeared. If two units are in a space when it returns from a black hole, both will need to retreat after the return.

Clarification: This may mean the loss or creation of coastlines, so that provinces may have more than one coastline for the first time, may have coastlines where they didn't have them before, or lose coastlines which they did have. Fleets on a coastline which is suddenly divided into two must choose which coastline to be placed on during the retreat phase. Fleets in a coastal province which gets a new coastline not part of the original one stay on the coast they were already on. Fleets on coastlines which become marooned in a landlocked province will be destroyed during the retreat phase.

Clarification: Archipelagos that allow fleets to move through them (Denmark) will continue to do so to any sea space regardless of the number of adjacent sea spaces. They also do not stop coastal crawl through them and will continue to not disrrupt coastal crawl. These spaces will also cause adjacent spaces to be considered coastal even if the space has no other adjacent sea space.

Clarification: Canals (Constantinople) do not create coastlines on adjacent spaces but do connect coasts within that space.

5. If you have one or fewer home centers left on the board you may build from any owned supply center.

00 Start.gif
00 Start.gif (58.2 KiB) Viewed 2911 times

1. nanooktheeskimo
2. Aeschines
3. PetesAHut
4. UsernamePending
5. I Love Italy
6. EnlightenedMonarch
7. jakofipa
8. Hazbot
9. BROCKENBROUGH
10. marsman57

Reserves:
1. GhostEcho
Last edited by EpicDim on 08 Apr 2016, 16:13, edited 27 times in total.
Gauls (Ad Arma) 3-way, Russia (Othello) 4-way, Austria (Crowded Othello) Solo, England (Devious GM 2) Solo, Egypt (Time Travel) 3-way, (Exploration: Great Expeditions) Solo, Han (Warring States 2) Solo
EpicDim

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1169)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Crowded Double Reversible Black Hole 0/11

Postby Nanook » 28 Oct 2015, 07:48

I love it. I'm in :)
Platinum Classicist
(h/t lordelindel)

Admin
Nanook

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1209)
All-game rating: (1413)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Pedros » 28 Oct 2015, 14:08

Sorry EpicDim but with World and Blitz I can't manage another!

But one rules query:-
A province which returns from a black hole comes back with the unit and supply center that disappeared with it when it became a black hole.

Does this apply even if the unit retreated from the black hole? So that you could have more units than SCs for one year.
"Sooner or later, one of us will stab the other. But for now we're both better off as allies" (kininvie)
Pedros

Location: Somewhere full of gorse and brambles, West Cornwall
Standard rating: (1085)
All-game rating: (1314)
Timezone: GMT

Postby EpicDim » 28 Oct 2015, 14:39

Does this apply even if the unit retreated from the black hole? So that you could have more units than SCs for one year.

Yes, and I forgot that I need to clarify that. Thanks.

Correction: (I finally understand the question) If a unit successfully retreats from a black hole it is no longer in the black hole and does not come back if the space comes back. If a unit attempts to retreat and bounces, instead of being destroyed it bounces back into the black hole.
Last edited by EpicDim on 08 Apr 2016, 16:12, edited 1 time in total.
Gauls (Ad Arma) 3-way, Russia (Othello) 4-way, Austria (Crowded Othello) Solo, England (Devious GM 2) Solo, Egypt (Time Travel) 3-way, (Exploration: Great Expeditions) Solo, Han (Warring States 2) Solo
EpicDim

Re: Crowded Double Reversible Black Hole 1/11

Postby VGhost » 28 Oct 2015, 15:00

I'd love to but I can't justify signing up with the other game I'm prepping - so put me down as a reserve.
"When you absolutely don't know what to do any more, then it's time to panic." - Johann van der Wiel
"I'm not panicking, I'm watching you panic. It's more entertaining." - Elli Quinn
"[Diplomacy:] No dice or chance. Just calculated insincerity." - Counter Trap
VGhost
Premium Member

Standard rating: 987
All-game rating: 901
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Crowded Double Reversible Black Hole 1/11

Postby locksmithvic » 28 Oct 2015, 18:12

Put me in coach! This sounds completely chaotic love it!
-Replacement Austria in Royales II
-Platinum Classicist
-Fortune favours the bold, but I'm too paranoid to test that theory.
locksmithvic

Standard rating: (1123)
All-game rating: (1038)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: Crowded Double Reversible Black Hole 2/11

Postby Hindu Warrior » 22 Nov 2015, 12:58

Interested (needs some games to finish before I could commit)
HW
Hindu Warrior

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 757
All-game rating: 883
Timezone: GMT

Re: Crowded Double Reversible Black Hole 3/11

Postby EpicDim » 29 Dec 2015, 21:47

New Years resolution for 8 other people should be to join a very fun and chaotic new game.
EpicDim

Postby EpicDim » 09 Feb 2016, 17:01

Bump. I'd still love to run this.
EpicDim

Postby Aeschines » 02 Mar 2016, 21:26

I'd be interested in playing!
Platinum Member of the Classicists
Aeschines

Standard rating: (1487)