Game 2. GM:SidneyKidney. Winner: connect4 (England)

Standard map variant where each country sets their own success criteria. Created by SidneyKidney. GM: SidneyKidney. Winner: connect4

Game 2. GM:SidneyKidney. Winner: connect4 (England)

Postby SidneyKidney » 27 Jun 2010, 02:45

I've decided to start another game of Alternate Agenda up for those who are interested. Several people have expressed an interest so i'll give it another shot. However the first game kinda bombed out through several NMRs so please only put your name down if you are serious and genuinely have the time to play. That aside, the rules for the variant are below. If we have enough people sign up here then i'll go ahead with it. Any questions? Put em in here.

Alternative Agenda Variant

This is the thread for the new 'Alternate Agenda' variant. The variant features a traditional board with standard layout.

Any country can win by gaining and holding 18 SCs in the end of any given year. This can be done in the traditional methods.

However, in addition each country has its own secret agenda. If it satisfies the conditions of this agenda before anyone else meets theirs AND before anyone reaches 18 SCs they are declared the winner.

Each criteria was assigned to each country before players chose which country they wanted to be. Agendas are given in reason- Russia wont find he has to own the med. Countries were then chosen on a first come, first served basis.

There *may* or may not be a theme to the agendas. If you think you know it please DO NOT tell anyone else and above all

DO NOT share your hidden agenda with other players. They are hidden and secret for a reason.

If it is discovered that agendas have been leaked or passed about- even accidentally then I will have to rule out that countries alt agenda and their win will only be assured by the 18 SCs. You have been warned.

THE GMs DECISION IS FINAL. NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO. (I'm a megalomaniac like that :twisted: )

The list of criteria other countries have may be amongst the following:

PEACEFUL COEXISTENCE AGENDA - country gains a win if no home territory is occupied by a foreign power for 4 consecutive full game years

PACIFIST AGENDA - country gains a win if it doesn't engage a foreign power in military action for 3 consecutive years. This means not attacking centres containing units to cut support or support someone else in. Taking owned but unoccupied centres seems ok (to me!) but this could be up for debate.

EXPANSIONIST AGENDA - country gains a win if it grows by 5 supply centres in any 2 CONSECUTIVE game years (no matter from what base)

AGGRESSOR AGENDA - country gains a win if it eliminates another country (named to that country by GM) and occupies all of that countries home SCs (and its own home SCs in any 4 game years.

TERRITORY GRAB - the country must capture 5 specific territories and hold them for 2 consecutive game years- territories to be told to that player only by PM

SEA POWER- Own and occupy 8 coastal SCs

THE MED AGENDA- Own and occupy all southern naval areas (WMED,GoL,TYS,ION,EMED,ADR,AEG)

THE LAME DOG- Make no occupied SC gains for 3 years- unoccupied but owned SCs and neutral SC gains allowed)

PROTECT THE PACIFIST- country wins if the country named by GM in PM to country concerned does not lose any home supply centres for 4 full years. (eg. Germany protects Austria for 4 years) The country doing the protecting cannot do so by taking one of the 'pacifists' centres (as one humorous person has mused :lol: ) NB. The 'Pacifist' will not know who he/she is so do not tell them if this is your given agenda

OUTLAST AGENDA- Be alive after 3 other countries (named to that country by GM) have been destroyed.

Bear in mind this variant is in its earliest stages people. I apologize in advance if I have made this uneven. I have done my best to balance things and make it realistic.

And in the end of the day its just a game.....

....isnt it? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Players declared interest:

1. AardvarkArmy
2. BamOnHam
3. noobii
4. iShine
5. Kian
6. connect4
7. IAmNobody
Last edited by SidneyKidney on 27 Sep 2010, 18:01, edited 12 times in total.
Helpful signature links.

That useful tool for testing out moves? Thats JDip.

Want to learn how to be an evil overlord? Check it out here.
SidneyKidney

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1095)
All-game rating: (1097)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Alternate Agenda: Game 2

Postby Jierda117 » 27 Jun 2010, 02:51

if theres places ill hav a go
95% of teens would cry if they saw EDWARD CULLEN at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Put this as part of your sig if you are part of the 5% that would sit here with popcorn and a camera and yell DO A FLIP!!
Jierda117

All-game rating: 6413

Postby Andrew D » 27 Jun 2010, 03:19

Im very interested in this, I saw before the suggestion was to make this an unranked game and just PM alternate agendas and if someone wins we agree the solo draw for that person, is that still occurring since it seems the most efficient way?

Andrew
On a 1 Year Hiatus from Diplomacy and Mafia.
Andrew D

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby iShine » 27 Jun 2010, 03:39

So in :)
WOODCHUCKS, QUIT CHUCKIN' MY WOOD!
iShine

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby SidneyKidney » 27 Jun 2010, 10:10

Andrew Dunne wrote:Im very interested in this, I saw before the suggestion was to make this an unranked game and just PM alternate agendas and if someone wins we agree the solo draw for that person, is that still occurring since it seems the most efficient way?

Andrew

Its a game played here on this forum, not on the main site. As a result there is no rank/unrank about it. The game ends when someone gains 18SCs or an agenda is met. And yes, I would PM agendas to everyone secretly.
Helpful signature links.

SidneyKidney

Postby Andrew D » 27 Jun 2010, 10:41

Sorry Sidney what I meant was I saw a suggestion that the next game would be held on the site rather than on the forums, but either way you seem to have answered it anyway :D.

Whatever happens definitely count me in, assuming you are willing for a sub to take over forum games since I will be on holiday in 3 weeks time for 2 weeks?

What deadlines are you thinking of, 48/24/24? Or are forum games usually longer, (I wouldn't mind 24/24/24 even if everyone was active enough)?

One thing I did see is forum games seem to almost never end, hopefully this one does :D.

Andrew
On a 1 Year Hiatus from Diplomacy and Mafia.
Andrew D

Postby Jierda117 » 27 Jun 2010, 12:18

i would prefer 24/24/24 cos 48/24/24 goes 2 slow
95% of teens would cry if they saw EDWARD CULLEN at the top of a skyscraper about to jump. Put this as part of your sig if you are part of the 5% that would sit here with popcorn and a camera and yell DO A FLIP!!
Jierda117

Postby SidneyKidney » 27 Jun 2010, 18:36

I would probably make it 48/24/24. The last time I ran this game it was plagued by late orders and NMRs from reliable forum members. I dont think less than 48 is wise unless I have serious assurances from all that it wont happen again.
Helpful signature links.

SidneyKidney

Postby Jierda117 » 27 Jun 2010, 19:45

sorry i'm going 2 hav 2 give it a miss i hav just remembered tat i am going away at the end of next week and so dont hav time 2 start a new game
Jierda117

Postby BAMonHAM » 29 Jun 2010, 23:01

im down to play this, i also think that creating a game on the site would be a pretty good idea.
All the bile and skin defiled, not a bit shall go to waste
BAMonHAM

Timezone: GMT-5

Next

Return to Game 2