Tournament Game - STELLA - AARs

4-qualifying rounds and a Final Board. TDs: Uncle Monty, Samarkand, Sheddy Winner: bitwise.

Re: Tournament Game - STELLA - AARs

Postby mdmuff » 03 Mar 2009, 04:35

Oh, now I remember, that was 1902 (almost 03) and we needed something to get the Triple to break, so that is why I agreed to that. I would have agreed to anything at that point to try and break that Triple.

I had the blessing and understanding from Austria that our initial cause was lost and he felt it would be beneficial for me to seek out alliances/deals to further myself in the game. As you could see during the game, he sacrificed a lot for the growth of my navy in hopes of slowing the Triple threat.

If Germany had agreed and followed through, I would have honored that new Quad alliance as it benefited me much more than the current situation was playing out and eventually did play out. I hope that clarifies your question camroc, I was doing everything I could to pressure you (Germany) since you seemed the most vulnerable in the Triple and the most likely to be targeted and need a friend if that happened, if I could get you to self fulfill that coming, all the better.
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Ham & Eggs: A days work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a pig.
mdmuff

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby Diplomat » 03 Mar 2009, 06:15

In support of MD's statement every center he took was taken with my blessing in an attempt to preserve position and build the ability to halt the triple. He never stabbed, despite ending up with 1/2 of Austria, and every one of those losses was needed. Also one of the things he and I talked about was his ability to 'deal' if my attempts to derail the triple/WT failed. As you might recall Cam, even as I was down to 3 then 2 units I was still telling you to side with Italy and try to win the game in an effort to break up the WT.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby jeanphi » 03 Mar 2009, 06:42

Diplomat wrote::cry: but... I thought we were fwends!

Yes we are friends... I am just used to be the "dead Friend" in most of our games... which is ok :( but as a new foundation for our friendship I am happy you agree to have us either allied or that you play the "dead friend" role once in a (long) while.

Aside, I am still laughting about my first encounter with you when you came in as a replacement player for a previous player that was just going nuts and quit and I then proceeded to totally flame you and accuse you of cheating :lol: That was before I discovered that Diplomat was a well know master cheater with 300 different pseudos on the site ;)
Just don't forget: it is a GAME. The only reason to play is for fun.
FIER D'ETRE LYONNAIS
jeanphi

Standard rating: (1000)

Postby Diplomat » 03 Mar 2009, 07:28

3000 my fwend, 3000 multis :-)
Diplomat

Postby lotr_freak » 03 Mar 2009, 07:30

Diplomat wrote:3000 my fwend, 3000 multis :-)

Holy... crap. :shock:
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
lotr_freak

Timezone: GMT-7

Postby jeanphi » 03 Mar 2009, 09:53

Diplomat wrote:3000 my fwend, 3000 multis :-)

I suspected it.. I knew it.... damn... I am so naive.....
Just don't forget: it is a GAME. The only reason to play is for fun.
FIER D'ETRE LYONNAIS
jeanphi

Postby camroc » 03 Mar 2009, 10:35

mdmuff - that's exactly what I was wondering, thanks. I would have been too vulnerable to the Quad to join - probably that only alliance that might have changed my position when I was dithering was G/A/I but Dip's role-playing made that appear both unlikely and unattractive. However it was only ever a "might" and only arose due to lack of communication - once I was confident in E/F, I wasn't going to turn anyway.

Dip is absolutley correct in that he was encouraging me to work with you and while I wasn't aware that each Austrian centre you took was with his agreement, there was one very odd sign - the first message I received from Italy after you took Tri in Spr 01, talked about R/T and never mentioned your move - that certainly made me wonder if it was all by design. It was also clear as the game progressed that Austria would never move to damage you, only Russia, although I put that down to the revenge of the hysterical kid that was Austria ;)

Finally - I had mentioned that I was a little concerned about lack of communication from France early in the game - I didn't realise that it would extend to the AAR!!! (kidding :) )
camroc

Timezone: GMT

Postby Diplomat » 03 Mar 2009, 12:46

The sad things is, jeanphi is my favorite multi.... ;)
Diplomat

Postby superhik » 03 Mar 2009, 23:04

Buah... :(

I am late... as always :)

Want to say following:
I am playing PBEM dip for too many years now, and i NEVER saw such quantity of messages until now.
Shame on me... i am in total chaos all month (wedding in 2weeks and just heard of a baby on the way) :) :) Not an excuse just find place to brag :)

Camroc: If i may say so great job man!! Seriously your diplomacy is bulletproof and i was a little bit shamed not to be able to respond adequately.
Jeanphi: we played before and like a cautious man you are tough but trustworthy ally
Mdmuff: uuuu tough player to beat i really enjoyed our med battle
Diplomat: crazy moves man... you made camroc send me 100msgs more :)

All the best to all
Greetz, Nik.

Data Recovery Experts
http://www.datasolutions.rs
superhik

Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Diplomat » 04 Mar 2009, 00:42

Grats!
Diplomat

PreviousNext

Return to PlayDip Grand Tournament FIN