TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

4-qualifying rounds and a Final Board. TDs: Uncle Monty, Samarkand, Sheddy Winner: bitwise.

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby lotr_freak » 02 Apr 2009, 21:09

mdmuff wrote:So close... maybe next time for me. Congrats to the final table folks and I hope everyone involved still wants to get into the lower ranked games finals.


Yes I certainly do.

I guess I'll be in the 3rd game... I missed being in the top 14 by 2. :( Oh well, I guess that's what happens when you join the tourney late....
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
User avatar
lotr_freak
 
Posts: 3342
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 06:25
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby camroc » 03 Apr 2009, 13:21

HARP - are the players going to grace us with an AAR for this game? It would be very interesting even from an outsiders point of view particularly to see how the overall Tournament positions impacted on play, given that, as it was the last game to finish, players would have known where they stood in the overall rankings.

I'm sure that Rick will be happy to oblige anyway ;)
camroc
 
Posts: 324
Joined: 12 May 2008, 11:54
Location: Dublin
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby Diplomat » 03 Apr 2009, 17:22

I would like to see it as well given France's moves and destroys there towards the end.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
User avatar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 4460
Joined: 30 Jan 2008, 23:00
Location: Anytown, CA
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby jeanphi » 05 Apr 2009, 05:28

bitwise wrote:Final results of the qualification:
Code: Select all
Player          Tournament Points Detour Points
-----------------------------------------------
Batsman                 23            198
Diplomat                20            183
bitwise                 14             92
rick.leeds              12            116
camroc                  12             93
AQ                      12             93
jeanphi                 10             61
-----------------------------------------------
Master Radishes         10             54
mdmuff                   7             68
Dar Krum                 7             43
Yorkshireman             7             42
Dunam                    5             47
Kian                     4             41
Uncle Monty              4             38
Sanje                    4             35
lotr_freak               4             35
22.rhathaway             4             33
Superhik                 4             29
GruGloG                  4             26
jthiher                  4             18
jared                    3             47
Grymm                    3             45
sroca                    3             30
Lbohh                    3             29
msichs                   3             22
Spitfire                 3             15
khan1234                 2             17
Martz                    0             29
Sheddy                   0             28
ryan_the_canuck          0              9
Flatley                  0              6
MisticX                  0              4
Chabz44                  0              4
The Leader               0              4
raytheruler              0              2
Amish                    0              2


It's interesting to note that only one seat in the final would have changed, if we had been using the Detour system as the main point system.


yeaaaaaaaaaaa.. and that was my seat pffffffffffffffffff........... I thought that the magic number to get in was going to be 11 or 12.. I am glad 10 made it specially because I felt I was missing a point from my game one that was stolen by Bitwise :evil: But that's ok.., since he is a great player anyway.... And from Denmark :) I have a huge foundness for Danish poeple that dated back from the days when I attended the France - Danmark world cup game in 1998 in Lyon and ended up be seating with my French Jersey and Flag...... in the middle of the Danish seat allocation! :? (thanks to the fact I got my seat through the US soccer allocation -Thank you FIFA!!!!)

... and: I was expecting to be linched and beat up.. but instead: they cheered and were friendly and bought me a beer after the game!!!! Amazing soccer fans: I wish all were like that! OK long story and not diplo related: sorry....

Now all I have to do is solo the final table, which should be fairly easy since I had kept all my "solo % and options" for games like this... I can't even remember when is the last time I soloed... To make it more fair, can I start with 7 or 8 SC in the final table? (seems fair.. to me at least)
Just don't forget: it is a GAME. The only reason to play is for fun.
FIER D'ETRE LYONNAIS
User avatar
jeanphi
 
Posts: 5164
Joined: 26 May 2008, 17:56
Location: Chicago
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby jeanphi » 05 Apr 2009, 05:55

bitwise wrote:Final results of the qualification:
Code: Select all
Player          Tournament Points Detour Points
-----------------------------------------------
Batsman                 23            198
Diplomat                20            183
bitwise                 14             92
rick.leeds              12            116
camroc                  12             93
AQ                      12             93
jeanphi                 10             61
-----------------------------------------------
Master Radishes         10             54
mdmuff                   7             68
Dar Krum                 7             43
Yorkshireman             7             42
Dunam                    5             47
Kian                     4             41
Uncle Monty              4             38
Sanje                    4             35
lotr_freak               4             35
22.rhathaway             4             33
Superhik                 4             29
GruGloG                  4             26
jthiher                  4             18
jared                    3             47
Grymm                    3             45
sroca                    3             30
Lbohh                    3             29
msichs                   3             22
Spitfire                 3             15
khan1234                 2             17
Martz                    0             29
Sheddy                   0             28
ryan_the_canuck          0              9
Flatley                  0              6
MisticX                  0              4
Chabz44                  0              4
The Leader               0              4
raytheruler              0              2
Amish                    0              2


It's interesting to note that only one seat in the final would have changed, if we had been using the Detour system as the main point system.


I also have to say that table #3 is going to be very very interesting and bloody: scary list of players there!
Just don't forget: it is a GAME. The only reason to play is for fun.
FIER D'ETRE LYONNAIS
User avatar
jeanphi
 
Posts: 5164
Joined: 26 May 2008, 17:56
Location: Chicago
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby lotr_freak » 05 Apr 2009, 08:43

jeanphi wrote:
bitwise wrote:Final results of the qualification:
Code: Select all
Player          Tournament Points Detour Points
-----------------------------------------------
Batsman                 23            198
Diplomat                20            183
bitwise                 14             92
rick.leeds              12            116
camroc                  12             93
AQ                      12             93
jeanphi                 10             61
-----------------------------------------------
Master Radishes         10             54
mdmuff                   7             68
Dar Krum                 7             43
Yorkshireman             7             42
Dunam                    5             47
Kian                     4             41
Uncle Monty              4             38
Sanje                    4             35
lotr_freak               4             35
22.rhathaway             4             33
Superhik                 4             29
GruGloG                  4             26
jthiher                  4             18
jared                    3             47
Grymm                    3             45
sroca                    3             30
Lbohh                    3             29
msichs                   3             22
Spitfire                 3             15
khan1234                 2             17
Martz                    0             29
Sheddy                   0             28
ryan_the_canuck          0              9
Flatley                  0              6
MisticX                  0              4
Chabz44                  0              4
The Leader               0              4
raytheruler              0              2
Amish                    0              2


It's interesting to note that only one seat in the final would have changed, if we had been using the Detour system as the main point system.


I also have to say that table #3 is going to be very very interesting and bloody: scary list of players there!


Holy crap you're right.... I'm kinda scared, but excited at the same time! :D
"I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened. So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."

Gold Member of Classicists
User avatar
lotr_freak
 
Posts: 3342
Joined: 18 Aug 2008, 06:25
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-7

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby Diplomat » 05 Apr 2009, 10:04

It'll be good all the way down I think.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
User avatar
Diplomat
 
Posts: 4460
Joined: 30 Jan 2008, 23:00
Location: Anytown, CA
Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby bitwise » 05 Apr 2009, 14:13

jeanphi wrote:yeaaaaaaaaaaa.. and that was my seat pffffffffffffffffff........... I thought that the magic number to get in was going to be 11 or 12.. I am glad 10 made it specially because I felt I was missing a point from my game one that was stolen by Bitwise :evil: But that's ok.., since he is a great player anyway.... And from Denmark :) I have a huge foundness for Danish poeple that dated back from the days when I attended the France - Danmark world cup game in 1998 in Lyon and ended up be seating with my French Jersey and Flag...... in the middle of the Danish seat allocation! :? (thanks to the fact I got my seat through the US soccer allocation -Thank you FIFA!!!!)

... and: I was expecting to be linched and beat up.. but instead: they cheered and were friendly and bought me a beer after the game!!!! Amazing soccer fans: I wish all were like that! OK long story and not diplo related: sorry....


Typical Danish to be honest, but you would have found them less cheerful, if Denmark hadn't won that very enjoyable match. :mrgreen:
User avatar
bitwise
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 14:46
Location: Denmark
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1002)
All-game rating: (1299)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby jeanphi » 05 Apr 2009, 17:50

bitwise wrote:
jeanphi wrote:yeaaaaaaaaaaa.. and that was my seat pffffffffffffffffff........... I thought that the magic number to get in was going to be 11 or 12.. I am glad 10 made it specially because I felt I was missing a point from my game one that was stolen by Bitwise :evil: But that's ok.., since he is a great player anyway.... And from Denmark :) I have a huge foundness for Danish poeple that dated back from the days when I attended the France - Danmark world cup game in 1998 in Lyon and ended up be seating with my French Jersey and Flag...... in the middle of the Danish seat allocation! :? (thanks to the fact I got my seat through the US soccer allocation -Thank you FIFA!!!!)

... and: I was expecting to be linched and beat up.. but instead: they cheered and were friendly and bought me a beer after the game!!!! Amazing soccer fans: I wish all were like that! OK long story and not diplo related: sorry....


Typical Danish to be honest, but you would have found them less cheerful, if Denmark hadn't won that very enjoyable match. :mrgreen:



... They lost the game 2-1 actually but moved on to next round.... maybe that's why they were cheerfull...
Just don't forget: it is a GAME. The only reason to play is for fun.
FIER D'ETRE LYONNAIS
User avatar
jeanphi
 
Posts: 5164
Joined: 26 May 2008, 17:56
Location: Chicago
Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: TOURNAMENT ROUNDS 3 AND 4 BEGIN

Postby bitwise » 05 Apr 2009, 21:41

Ahh right, I mixed it up with the clash in WC 2002, where Denmark won 2-0.
User avatar
bitwise
Elite Sponsor
Elite Sponsor
 
Posts: 1070
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 14:46
Location: Denmark
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1002)
All-game rating: (1299)
Timezone: GMT+1

PreviousNext

Return to PlayDip Grand Tournament FIN

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest