Round 1 and 2 Games

4-qualifying rounds and a Final Board. TDs: Uncle Monty, Samarkand, Sheddy Winner: bitwise.

Re: Round 1 and 2 Games

Postby Samarkand » 20 Oct 2008, 19:02

Spitfire wrote:Woohoo! I like Carlsberg.

EDITED - Spitfire did not like my posted reply where I let the drones out of the factories.
Last edited by Samarkand on 20 Oct 2008, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
On that day we’ll say to Hell: “Have you had enough?”
And Hell will answer: “Is there more?”

Second place in the first round in the Wonderful Mansion tournament with a solo in 1907.
Eat that, Edi Birsan :)
Samarkand

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Spitfire » 20 Oct 2008, 19:11

Shut up man... You said you'd hide it. At least until the end of the first round. Remember you were gonna ask Avalanche to hide my name so people didn't know it was me?

I was more talking if I won two games out of the FOUR.... :?
Diplomacy is to break someone's leg and then to say; "Lean on me."
Spitfire

Timezone: GMT

Postby Diplomat » 21 Oct 2008, 02:12

Solo? Whats a solo? How does that happen? Don't all games end in 2 or 3 player draws?
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Lbohh » 21 Oct 2008, 12:23

A 2-way draw seems quite difficult to execute. The situation is different from the regular games, where you have reputation to lose and cheap rating points to gain for a cheap stab. In this tournament, you have reputation to gain from going for a solo from a two-way draw. I think that 3-way draw will be by far the most common result.
Lbohh

Timezone: GMT

Postby 22.rhathaway » 21 Oct 2008, 12:59

Well the first tournament game is finished....and I must say I am not surprised to find out that Dip was Germany.
“A real diplomat is one who can cut his neighbor's throat without having his neighbor notice it.”
--Trygve Lie
22.rhathaway

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (962)
All-game rating: (973)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Samarkand » 21 Oct 2008, 13:27

FIRST GAME TO END!

Indeed, Bulfighter is the first game to finish in the tournament. A western Triple formed by Dar Krum, 22.rhathaway and Diplomat won a 3-way draw. The last to stand of their oposition was Turkey (ryan_the_canuck) with 3 supply centers. In the process, Uncle Monty (Italy), raytheruler (Austria) and Grymm (Russia) were eliminated.

Diplomat's Germany benefits the most from the draw as it posses 13 centers. While all the winners gain 4 points in the standard and primary tournament system, Diplomat gains the most in the Detour98f system. How much, will be calculated at some point later. Dar Krum's England gains the least from his participation in the draw with 8 supply centers. France is in the middle with 10.

Congratulations to the winners!

Second place in the first round in the Wonderful Mansion tournament with a solo in 1907.
Samarkand

Postby 22.rhathaway » 21 Oct 2008, 15:53

I am under the impression that the scoring that will be used to determine the final table will be the site's scoring system. The "other" system is only to see what the results would be so in the future we know which works the best.

Is this correct?
“A real diplomat is one who can cut his neighbor's throat without having his neighbor notice it.”
--Trygve Lie
22.rhathaway

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (962)
All-game rating: (973)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Samarkand » 21 Oct 2008, 16:09

22.rhathaway wrote:I am under the impression that the scoring that will be used to determine the final table will be the site's scoring system.

Correct.

22.rhathaway wrote:The "other" system is only to see what the results would be so in the future we know which works the best.

No. The other system will be used to break ties. If you have several people with the same score from the site system and only some of them can go to the final table, it will be the other system (Detour98f) that will determine who will go. There is a better description in the tournament rules topic.

Samarkand

Postby Diplomat » 21 Oct 2008, 19:07

But it only comes into play in tie breakers, otherwise it is straight off the sites scoring system right?
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Samarkand » 21 Oct 2008, 19:09

Diplomat wrote:But it only comes into play in tie breakers, otherwise it is straight off the sites scoring system right?

Yes.

Samarkand

PreviousNext

Return to PlayDip Grand Tournament FIN