Round 1 and 2 Games

4-qualifying rounds and a Final Board. TDs: Uncle Monty, Samarkand, Sheddy Winner: bitwise.

Re: Round 1 and 2 Games

Postby Lbohh » 23 Sep 2008, 15:04

It would be perfectly fine if you posted the scores WITHOUT the names attached to them.
Lbohh

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Diplomat » 23 Sep 2008, 18:42

I like the idea of total anon, but if anyone wanted to know all they would have to do is look at the boards themselves at the end of each game and add up the total. Going total Anon only works if everyone agrees not to go find out how 'everyone else' did. Also I think you are going to want to post the scores if only because there are likely going to be some close scores and those folks should have a chance to double check the math so to speak. If I'm the one out by 1 point I think I will want to do the math myself to see where I went wrong.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Spitfire » 23 Sep 2008, 18:54

I dunno if Im fully understood...

If we are all given a letter, by Sam, As in Dip is A, Im B, and what not, in a private message, So everyone now is named "Player A" or whatever. Sam can post an up to date scoreboard labeled like this:

A - 12
D - 6
E - 6
Y - 6
P - 6
L - 3

And so on. That allows us to look at the scoreboard during each stage of the competition, knowing our spot in the overall score, without revealing who we are in it.

Then the top seven go to their own board and they are still anon in this system... So all would know that the game has the players A, F, H, Y, J, W and V, but none except the players and Sam would know who is actually playing.

Am I making sense now?

Of course since we have 28 players, the letters wouldnt be enough, there would be combinations used too to identify the four odd players to the alphabet. AA, AB, AC, AD.

---------

I think I gather form your post Dip that we will find out who is in each of our games?

Actually crap... We find that out cause the judge tells us in the archive... Ugh... So this cant happen at all can it? Lol... Spit's being dillusional again!
Diplomacy is to break someone's leg and then to say; "Lean on me."
Spitfire

Postby Diplomat » 23 Sep 2008, 19:05

Yes Spit... thats it exactly. We will know at the end of the games who is in each one. We can all go through and say 'Spit got 6 points here, but only 3 here' and I got 6 points and a 0, and MR got 12 and 12. That kind of thing. This has other ramifications for the system that I've already worried about but can't be avoided that I won't post here.
Avatar courtesy of TheCraw. Many Thanks.
Diplomat

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Samarkand » 23 Sep 2008, 19:13

I would not post letter assignemnts as it will spoil the anonymity of the following qualification games. The letter assignments is secret from every player. I would rather not post a score table (although I will keep one constantly) reading the responses so far. Everyone can calculate their own or even the other's when the rounds are over but I would prefer people to play to the best of their abilities rather than to follow the scores.
On that day we’ll say to Hell: “Have you had enough?”
And Hell will answer: “Is there more?”

Second place in the first round in the Wonderful Mansion tournament with a solo in 1907.
Eat that, Edi Birsan :)
Samarkand

Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Spitfire » 25 Sep 2008, 18:40

Yeah... this is what I get for not thinking before I post... instead of thinking WHILE I post! hehe...

Either way, I'll be keeping a scoreboard in my own head.

It will be interesting now once we see these games go to the mid game, and the speed option will start causing the game to go quicker. I've all the games on my watched games list, so its been interesting watching them so far!
Spitfire

Postby Master Radishes » 25 Sep 2008, 18:41

Spitfire wrote:I've all the games on my watched games list, so its been interesting watching them so far!

Now that's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?
Master Radishes
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 1172

Postby Martz » 27 Sep 2008, 22:11

I can't wait until the tourny is over to see who it was I actually allied with, stabbed or got stabbed by. :)
Martz
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1683
All-game rating: 2156

Postby Spitfire » 28 Sep 2008, 14:05

Master Radishes wrote:
Spitfire wrote:I've all the games on my watched games list, so its been interesting watching them so far!

Now that's a good idea. Why didn't I think of that?

Cause your slowly but surely being shown to be the weaker in the force? :twisted:
Spitfire

Postby Samarkand » 03 Oct 2008, 18:37

Woohoo!
We have our first eliminated nation - Russia in Roundshield!
And England scored a big hit on this one too!
On that day we’ll say to Hell: “Have you had enough?”
And Hell will answer: “Is there more?”

Second place in the first round in the Wonderful Mansion tournament with a solo in 1907.
Eat that, Edi Birsan :)
Samarkand

Timezone: GMT+2

PreviousNext

Return to PlayDip Grand Tournament FIN