PPO tournament

2-game Public Press Only tournament. TD: jimbobicus. No conclusion.

Re: PPO tournament

Postby jimbobicus » 16 Mar 2010, 11:09

theepum wrote:i'm waiting on the sideline.... put me in coach!

I'm not quite sure how I can accommodate you at the moment. We've got a 7 player format tournament at the moment - so what happens is that all 7 players play 2 games, and we aggregate the results from these two games to find a winner.

If we get 5 other people interested then we could start another tournament.
OR
The other suggestion I can think of is to turn this into more of a league, so....
every few weeks, I create new PPO games (probably a mixture of regular and fog of war), and send the password to everyone who has expressed an interest here. Any 7 people join and we publish the results of all games here, and I draw up a league table with games played and points, for each player.

What does everyone think?
"A friend to all is a friend to none" - Aristotle
jimbobicus

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1742)
All-game rating: (1662)
Timezone: GMT

Postby theepum » 23 Mar 2010, 03:11

jimbobicus wrote:What does everyone think?

yes
There are 10 types of people in the world - Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
theepum

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby jimbobicus » 23 Mar 2010, 14:13

I forgot to start the second tournament game, which I said I would start last friday. Sorry guys - I will start it now. This will be a game just for those first 7 people in the thread who have joined the tournament. I will send the password by PM to those involved.

How about in a week's time I start up another PPO game, or earlier if people wish. I'll advertise the game and give the password here. Then any 7 people can join the game, and we'll publish the results and set up a league table on this thread. Does that sound ok? Also, do we think that the two games which are part of this tournament should count towards such a league?
jimbobicus

Postby theepum » 23 Mar 2010, 18:43

jimbobicus wrote:do we think that the two games which are part of this tournament should count towards such a league?

i think maybe the two games, and even including the third one for the newer people joining into this should be counted as "dummy rounds" like when teaching a new card game. I don't think it really matters if they are or aren't added to the league, but thats my thoughts.
There are 10 types of people in the world - Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
theepum

Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby jimbobicus » 26 Mar 2010, 21:33

I've given the league idea a bit of thought and come up with a plan of how I think it should work. I think that the league should be independent of this current tournament and so I am starting a new thread for it, entitled "PPO League". Please have a read of my ideas and give some comment.
jimbobicus

Postby BlackHawk » 28 Mar 2010, 16:59

Whenever you got a spot msg me, Ill give it a try
BH
BlackHawk

Class: Ambassador
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby jimbobicus » 21 Apr 2010, 10:39

The PPO league still needs a few more players to get off the ground. So, if anyone is interested, please speak up on the "PPO League" thread.
jimbobicus

Postby Crunkus » 30 May 2010, 04:32

Whoever Turkey was in PPOT 2 please pm me so I can be sure never to knowingly enter a game with you again.
(sigh)
Crunkus

All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

Previous

Return to PPO Tournament FIN