Sanctions

Details of how the Classicists is run.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Re: Sanctions

Postby Lucifers_Hammer » 05 Dec 2010, 21:18

bb82 wrote:Perhaps it's best to lead by example? We all make mistakes.

AND I got bel. Muahahahaha :P.

Yes, we swapped SC's like futures on the Chicago Merchantile Exchange. I believe, I swung between 5 and 8 SC's before settling on 6. In the end, you came to your senses (just in time I might add) and supported me to hold against the devious Turk. Well played game by all and I particularly hated not being able to ask England to "HELP ME POUND THE SNOT OUT OF FRANCE, WONTCHA!!!!!"

Anyway, you are correct in the "... lead by example" ... most correct.
My Motto in Life

--> Live Well. Live Honestly. Leave a Mark. <--

The End

Cataputl habeo. Aut ego me omnem pecuniam tuam in caput tuum saxum magnum mittitis
Lucifers_Hammer

All-game rating: 891
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby raphtown » 07 Dec 2010, 11:53

LH has been kind enough to rejoin the group. I'm glad this turned out well in the end. :)
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby raphtown » 12 Dec 2011, 23:00

Due to multiple consecutive NMRs followed by auto-surrenders in the Classicist game "A Sadistical Enquiry", players Ironhammer and Marlowe have been evicted from the Classicists. Membership can be re-acquired once they meet the required criteria.
raphtown

Postby raphtown » 17 Jun 2012, 21:02

FelixFelis has been demoted to Bronze for 2 consecutive NMRs. The incident was self-reported.
raphtown

Postby raphtown » 21 Jul 2012, 20:53

SanFranDan has been demoted to bronze for a surrender. The incident was self-reported.
raphtown

Postby raphtown » 12 Sep 2012, 06:38

mrakeee has been evicted from the Classicists for an unjustified surrender. Membership can be re-acquired once he meets the required criteria.
raphtown

Postby gareth66 » 25 May 2013, 01:25

JonathanDoe has been demoted from Gold membership to Bronze membership for three unjustified NMRs, the last two of which resulted in an auto-surrender. Re-eligibility for Silver and then Gold membership will become possible when the admission criteria for those tiers of membership are once again met.
gareth66

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1485)
All-game rating: (1638)
Timezone: GMT

Postby gareth66 » 26 Jun 2013, 08:07

ViscountSlim was auto-surrendered from game 61948 on 19 June, following two uncharacteristic NMRs. I PMed him that day to ask about what happened, but my PM has not yet even been read, and to my knowledge ViscountSlim has not been seen on the site since.

I am therefore concerned about him, and hope he is ok. We do not, as a group of moderators, want to determine a sanction without hearing from Slim, but equally the situation cannot be left in limbo indefinitely. ViscountSlim is therefore now listed as a suspended Silver member, pending contact from him.
gareth66

Postby gareth66 » 26 Jun 2013, 12:25

thunderbird315 has been demoted to Bronze membership for an un-justified surrender. Silver status can be re-acquired when the necessary eligibility criteria are met.

This was a difficult decision, due to the existence of some mitigation. It therefore warrants a little explanation. The mitigation was that an attempt was made to find a replacement player. The attempt failed, however, because it was made too late. The player signed up for the game between 15 and 17 days before a known-about extended foreign trip. The game did not start until 11 days before that trip. At any stage up to 11 days before the trip, the player could therefore have avoided this surrender by either not signing up for the game in the first place or by unsubscribing. Once the game had started, he could further have taken action to attempt to find a replacement player earlier than 24 hours before departure. As a result of leaving it too late, the attempts to find a replacement were unsuccessful.

There has been some debate in the forums about whether an attempt to find a replacement should automatically render a surrender justified. The moderators do not agree that this should necessarily be the case, and determined that the surrender in this game was avoidable, therefore un-justified.
gareth66

Postby gareth66 » 30 Jun 2013, 17:18

jkid has been issued with a warning.

On 19 June, jkid was auto-surrendered from game 60633 after two consecutive NMRs. He self-reported this to the Classicist moderators by PM on 25 June. On being asked for further information, he explained that he had gone away on a youth group event and had assumed he would still have internet access. As it turned out, this was not the case. He self-reported as soon as he was able.

Whilst it is true that it might have been reasonable to at least consider the possibility that there might be a problem with internet access when going away, there is clearly an element of doubt as to the extent this situation was foreseeable. Benefit of that doubt has been given to the player on this occasion - firstly because of his still-commendable record (this is only his 3rd surrender in 63 games, and his reliability is still in excess of 98%), and secondly because self-reporting will always lead the moderators to look upon a situation more favourably compared to when the situation comes to our attention by other means.

Because of all these factors, jkid remains a respected Gold member of the Classicists but has been warned that a repeat of this incident would have to lead to a more substantial sanction.
gareth66

PreviousNext

Return to Admin