Sanctions

Details of how the Classicists is run.

Moderators: JonS, Buachaille, Fatmo

Re: Sanctions

Postby raphtown » 23 Nov 2010, 04:01

bb82 wrote:Due to what I deem 'classicists' are all about, especially with the humility part, that game should be made unranked. The NMRs and the lack of HOLDS when someone left only add more weight to the prior statement.

If all players had agreed upon this before the game started, and the accord was subsequently violated, then yes, I also believe the game should be unranked. However, this is out of my domain and should be addressed to a mod instead as:
A) This was not a Classicist game
B) Which games are unranked and what reasons are valid for unranking games are determined by the moderators
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Mapmaker » 23 Nov 2010, 20:13

If people agree that the game should be unranked, we can at the very least not enter it into our personal league when it finishes, and there's no harm in asking the mods to make it unranked.
Bronze member of The Classicists.

We are not the lost nomads, we are the makers of maps.
Mapmaker

Standard rating: (1009)
All-game rating: (966)
Timezone: GMT

Postby echotwo » 23 Nov 2010, 23:46

Mapmaker wrote:If people agree that the game should be unranked, we can at the very least not enter it into our personal league when it finishes, and there's no harm in asking the mods to make it unranked.

It's not a classicists game in any case.
echotwo

Postby bb82 » 24 Nov 2010, 15:22

echotwo wrote:
Mapmaker wrote:If people agree that the game should be unranked, we can at the very least not enter it into our personal league when it finishes, and there's no harm in asking the mods to make it unranked.

I guess that means the classicist players that are in that game shouldn't respect the constitution then? It is contingent on actually saying your in a classicists' game?

I'm truly confused now.
I will strive to have the strength to change what can and 'should' be changed, the courage to accept what can't be changed, and the wisdom to be able to tell the difference.
bb82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby echotwo » 25 Nov 2010, 08:32

bb82 wrote:
echotwo wrote:

I guess that means the classicist players that are in that game shouldn't respect the constitution then? It is contingent on actually saying your in a classicists' game?

I'm truly confused now.

My point was simply that since it's not a classicists' game, there's no debate as to whether it would be included in the classicists' league.
echotwo

Postby bb82 » 26 Nov 2010, 17:49

echotwo wrote:My point was simply that since it's not a classicists' game, there's no debate as to whether it would be included in the classicists' league.

This is part of my issue with the classicists. I thought this was just a group of people that say they will adhere to the philosophies of classicists, when playing with others, no matter if you are or are not in a classicist filled/advertised game. When people say they don't have to behave, because their not in a classicists' game and when there is so much talk about their own ranking system, it sounds more like a league rather than a philosophy about how to play the game with others.

I'm not interested in a league, for many reasons, although I'd welcome playing with other classicists. By me joining this group, I assumed all that meant was that I want to play the game with class. Not pick and choose when I play with class.
Last edited by bb82 on 29 Nov 2010, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
I will strive to have the strength to change what can and 'should' be changed, the courage to accept what can't be changed, and the wisdom to be able to tell the difference.
bb82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby echotwo » 26 Nov 2010, 18:05

bb82 wrote:
echotwo wrote:My point was simply that since it's not a classicists' game, there's no debate as to whether it would be included in the classicists' league.

This is part of my issue with the classicists. I thought this was just a group of people that say they will adhered to the philosophies of classicists, when playing with others, no matter if you are or are not in a classicist filled/advertised game. When people say they don't have to behave, because their not in a classicists' game and when there is so much talk about their own ranking system, it sounds more like a league rather than a philosophy about how to play the game with others.

I'm not interested in a league, for many reasons, although I'd welcome playing with other classicists. By me joining this group, I assumed all that meant was that I want to play the game with class. Not pick and choose when I play with class.

bb, has anyone said that 'they don't have to behave, because their [sic] not in a classicists' game'? if so: citation, please.
echotwo

Postby raphtown » 27 Nov 2010, 03:05

Let me make this clear: Classicists are expected to behave according to our values in all games. If they are not consistent (or respectful, to a certain degree, we are debating this right now) in any site game, they will be punished accordingly. However, as far as unranking it goes that is really up to the mods. bb82, I can bring it up to them if you would like, and perhaps with that we can establish some sort of precedent.

The league and such things are just added features that members can use if they desire.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby bb82 » 27 Nov 2010, 14:17

raphtown wrote:However, as far as unranking it goes that is really up to the mods. bb82, I can bring it up to them if you would like, and perhaps with that we can establish some sort of precedent.

Unranking makes sense to me, considering a few players are/were classicists, the respect issue, the NMR/surrender, and non holding when it happened. I don't hold any belief that it will be unranked as all would have to agree, which a classicist has already not agreed. I just thought it would be fair to hammer.
Last edited by bb82 on 29 Nov 2010, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
bb82
Sponsor
Sponsor

Postby Crunkus_old » 27 Nov 2010, 18:28

This is a ridiculous situation.

I really hope it is rectified, otherwise it serves as an example of how the methods employed are sometimes counterproductive to the stated goals of the Classicists.

I do hope that people will use more judgment in the future before nominating people for sanctions.
(sigh)
Crunkus_old

Class: Star Ambassador
All-game rating: (944)
Timezone: GMT-5

PreviousNext

Return to Admin