Noticed anything suspicious?

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Noticed anything suspicious?

Postby SelhurstPark » 24 Apr 2020, 23:18

Can I invite you to consider the quite bizarre ending to game 163095? Three-way draw on the cards - cut and dried - and then one of the three quits, allowing a replacement to join, conclude the game and then take the points for a share in the draw.
I was among those that lost this game and have no problem with the outcome. What I would like to do, however, is to flag up this bizarre behaviour by the individual playing Austria and invite you, perhaps, to explore if there is any link to his replacement. In short, did Austria #1 'gift' points to Austria #2?
Not need to reply - I pass this to the Mods solely in the interest of the integrity of Play Diplomacy Online.
James
SelhurstPark
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1192
All-game rating: 1239
Timezone: GMT

Re: Noticed anything suspicious?

Postby WarSmith » 25 Apr 2020, 08:58

I’ve investigated, there’s nothing illegal here.
The Austrian player NMRd (for the second time) and was removed/auto-surrendered by the system as it was a protected game. It wasn’t a voluntary surrender.
Very unfortunate for the player that he missed the turn when so close to a draw and was removed, however I can confirm that he hasn’t been on the site - and in this case I hope he is ok. I do wonder about players when they go missing at the moment :(
I investigated all possible ways that cheating could have occurred and can confirm that there is nothing wrong at all. And no links between the outgoing or incoming players. Just a missed turn and an opportunistic take-over from the incoming player (which is also very much fine and welcome - we want games to have full sets of players).
Thanks for the report though! This kind of thing always looks fishy at first glance...
All the best,
WarSmith.
Oh and thanks again for being an awesome Palace fan. I hate that there’s no football at Selhurst right now! COYE.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1754)
All-game rating: (1664)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby Solar Flare » 25 Apr 2020, 10:47

The new Austtrian player would have had his points award pro-rated anyway, so may have received just one or two points - hardly worth cheating for... if ANY number of ranking points is really worth cheating for!!
Solar Flare

Standard rating: 1130
All-game rating: 1162
Timezone: GMT+7

Postby Floopy » 25 Apr 2020, 20:39

Hi Selhurst,

I was also in this game as France. I also thought it a bit unusual that the Austria player dropped out, on a sure fire 3 way draw.

But then, the same player, as England, in game 164235, also dropped out - as a 14 centre possible soloist. Then I realised that something might be amiss. And now, just hope Durkeety is alright health wise in real life.

Just one of those very unfortunate issues I reckon.

Now - what is really strange, is why CP continue to stay in the Premiership, but have forgotten how to score goals!

(hope this finds you well Selhurst)
Floopy
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1944
All-game rating: 1897

Postby WarSmith » 25 Apr 2020, 21:11

We’re comfortable with 1-0 (Ayew)... that works just fine to keep us mid-table :)
Defense is rock solid. Roy’s really got them drilled.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Postby SelhurstPark » 25 Apr 2020, 23:44

I bet you are all too young to be able to claim, "I was there when we beat Barrow 9 - 0!" I was!
SelhurstPark
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1192
All-game rating: 1239

Postby WarSmith » 26 Apr 2020, 09:07

My adventure began in 1990... my aunt played for the ladies team for some years prior to that, and started taking me to games when I was around 9-10. Was a special year to start following - I was at Wembley for the FA Cup final and also the ZDS. Of course - I really enjoyed bringing my Son to the final 4 years ago :)
It’s been a bit of a rollercoster for sure!
WarSmith
Premium Member

Postby SilverSpleen » 27 Apr 2020, 01:06

Hi everyone,

I was the second Austria, and happy to confirm I’ve never had any previous contact with my predecessor that I’m aware of.

I think NMRs and auto-surrenders are a sad reality of online Dip. Even if they happen in a game and I benefit by taking SC, I’d prefer to win through my own endeavours. I expect others feel the same, and so I try and take on a surrendered country when I can. I think in this game France was about to solo due to Austria’s surrender and so it seemed a good one to take it on.

I don’t really play for points, which is probably a good thing as I’ve just checked and received 15 points, adjusted for 3% of moves played, gives me a big fat zero!
S
SilverSpleen

Standard rating: (1566)
All-game rating: (1587)

Return to Cheaters