Another cheat

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Another cheat

Postby super_dipsy » 09 Apr 2019, 07:31

Koralas, mcournyer and Solumon all belonged to the same person. He apparently was curious to see how he would be caught :twisted:

Koralas and mcournyer have been closed. Solumon remains but the player is on a final warning.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Re: Another cheat

Postby Phlegmatic » 09 Apr 2019, 12:12

super_dipsy wrote:He apparently was curious to see how he would be caught :twisted:

Easily, apparently... :D :roll:
Phlegmatic
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1215
All-game rating: 1262

Postby OldBaldGuy » 09 Apr 2019, 18:55

Why do you allow cheaters to remain?

Are they on double secret probation?
OldBaldGuy
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1220)
All-game rating: (1247)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby super_dipsy » 10 Apr 2019, 07:05

There is a subtle difference in my mind between cheaters and the common 'exploit the system' internet culture. Some people will use illegal copies of software, download bootleg copies of movies or music, use game hacks etc as a matter of course and do not see that as cheating anyone, just taking advantage of the system. So on a first offence, sometimes the offender will admit to their crimes and realize that Playdip is not a place for that sort of behaviour. In that situation, it is better for this fairly specialized hobby if these players remain to become active members of the community who follow the rules. But to be clear, IF the players are allowed a second chance (and not all are, we do ban people straight off but it depends on the crime and the circumstances) that is their one and only 'life'. Any further incidents and they are gone.

I have to say that instinctively I would ban anyone on a first offence, but I have to admit that I think wiser heads than mine may have the right approach here, because in the main the offending players do indeed go in to play fairly from then on, whichis good for the hobby and the site.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931

Return to Cheaters