Accounts disabled

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Accounts disabled

Postby super_dipsy » 20 Feb 2019, 07:49

DuckBullet, MrCool, BeastofLegends and KingShark were all being played by one person (!). The player has agreed to follow site rules from now on, and is on a final warning. No games affected. Duckbullet account remains, the others have been disabled.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Re: Accounts disabled

Postby OldBaldGuy » 20 Feb 2019, 17:35

Why are you so generous in allowing cheaters to stay? Cheaters cheat. They will find a better way to do it.
OldBaldGuy
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1220)
All-game rating: (1247)
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: Accounts disabled

Postby super_dipsy » 23 Feb 2019, 07:33

That's a fair question. I have to admit my own response would always be to ban any cheats, but wiser heads than man have counselled a nore balanced approach. The reason I am prepared to follow this approach is in the results. Basically, although we DO ban some players on the first offence, for those we decide to let stay the vast majority do not cheat any more. Often someone may try to cheat in one or perhaps two games and then once they are caught they realize they aren't going to get away with it and they stop. The result is we keep one more player in the hobby and on siite.

I understand your concern about finding other ways to cheat, but frankly with the new AI anti-cheating software we have, it is pretty hard. And of course as soon as someone crosses the line again, they are gone.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931
Timezone: GMT

Return to Cheaters