Multi-Accounting: You, Yourself, and Us

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Multi-Accounting: You, Yourself, and Us

Postby Alman » 24 Jan 2019, 05:23

Accounts BarbMeroli, MattRegan, & USA1776trump all belong to the same player. These three accounts have shared two Ranked games which, to add insult to injury, were also Anonymous Player games.

Cut and dried evidence, so all three accounts have been deactivated and removed from the Ranked games. I have left them in a shared Friends game (good to be your own friend after all).

USA117trump has a chance to be reactivated if the proper sacrifices are made and the player agrees to abide by our site rules going forward. (Actually, just the second part there.)

Two Ranked games affected. Both are still in 1901, so hopefully people will pick up the spots.
#153130 Bullying Balkans Italy, Russia, England
#153112 The winner takes it all Turkey, France, Italy
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Multi-Accounting: You, Yourself, and Us

Postby Alman » 24 Jan 2019, 05:46

Update

I have heard back from the player. The explanation is that young cousins hold the other accounts. Per the evidence I reviewed, it does not change the rules violation since it was plain that at a minimum these accounts were being coached and connected, which is still against the rules in Ranked/Unranked games AND a violation of Anonymity which we have already warned we are enforcing. I have explained that the youngsters are welcome to come to the site independently and play by the rules.

I have accepted the apology, agreement to the rules and have reactivated account USA1776trump. I appreciate that the player responded quickly, respectfully, and helpfully. I hope they have a long and successful career here on site. Case closed.
Bronze Member: The Classicists & Oldies
War in the Americas 7 PbF

"The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote" -Kosh
"Nothing has to be true, but everything has to sound like it was." -Salvor Hardin
Alman

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1466)
All-game rating: (1586)
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Cheaters