Multi accounting, player banned

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Multi accounting, player banned

Postby super_dipsy » 31 Aug 2018, 10:22

Melfury, BackStabrsRepent and TryHarder have all been banned. They are playing together and basically are being controlled by a single person. I tried to reason with the individual via email, but he was disingenuous and got more and more suspicious by the minute. As soon as I first contacted him, he opened a third account (it was initially the first two). He also refused to explain until I told him how we caught him :o :roll: . That I thought was a beauty :lol: . When I refused to reveal how our AI cheater hunter tool's secrets and lost me patience with him, he then tried to persuade me that the three accounts belonged to him and his siblings "and there's nothing in the rules to prohibit that". He failed to convince me.

Unfortuantely because he kept stringing it out he managed to get his 3 accounts into a game which has now started (147785). I apologize to the players for not catching that in time before it started.

Games affected:
147785 - not ranked - 3 countries removed
147303 - not ranked - 1 country removed
146878 - not ranked - 2 countries removed

Apologies to all those players affected. I know how frustrating and annoying it is, but we have to try to keep games fair, and frankly he really irritated me ;)
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (941)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Multi accounting, player banned

Postby Jack007 » 31 Aug 2018, 10:39

Thanks, Dipsy.
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1272
All-game rating: 1578
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby The SHIV » 31 Aug 2018, 15:30

Awesome!

shiv
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Standard rating: 1136
All-game rating: 1140
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Aurelin » 31 Aug 2018, 17:13

Why do people even multi-account? Do they not read the rules? And doesn’t it just hurt you because you’re cheating, so you never get better?
Silver Classicist
Aurelin
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1016
All-game rating: 985
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby super_dipsy » 02 Sep 2018, 08:38

Aurelia1 wrote:Why do people even multi-account? Do they not read the rules? And doesn’t it just hurt you because you’re cheating, so you never get better?

I don't think they care about getting better :)

I suspect the main reason is because when they realize they are no good, it hurts their fragile egos. The only way they can make themselves feel better is by trying to win the game by cheating. Normal people wouldn't get anything from doing that, because they would know they only won because they cheated, but these unfortunate people with low self-esteem can deceive themselves and believe that they WON! I actually feel very sorry for most of them :( . Your life has to be pretty sad to try to get what bennies you can by cheating an online game.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (941)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Cheaters