Another meta, hard to understand cheating, really

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Another meta, hard to understand cheating, really

Postby WarSmith » 06 Jan 2018, 18:05

Players Gunter.gut and charlespictet are removed from two games (138471 and 138492) and suspended for metagaming.
- Entering a game with a pre-set alliance
- Breaking the anonymity of an anonymous game
- Communicating outside of the game messager
They are new players, but unfortunately as when they do communicate in the messenger it is in a language that I (and google) can't decipher, so I cannot prove them any less guilty/naive of the metagaming rules - and have suspended them for now, pending replies.

Here's a reminder on our foreign/coded language rules for messages:
Encrypted/Coded Messages. Messages between players/powers must not be encrypted or coded in such a way as to make the message unintelligible.
NB: Non-English messages between native speakers in games are fine. If we can translate a message and it makes sense, there's no problem

Apologies to the players impacted in the games - this suspicion was flagged by a player a week ago but I couldn't act too quickly because of the language issue, and believe me I tried very hard to decipher their messages!

The two games have been unranked as these alliances were too much impact on the game state.

I hope the players will come back with full explanation and we can reinstate their accounts. And maybe I can start to learn an (8th) language in the process ;)
WarSmith.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1708
All-game rating: 1723
Timezone: GMT+2

Return to Cheaters