Possible multi-accounting?

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Possible multi-accounting?

Postby Kandaon » 28 Dec 2017, 04:24

I suspect Canoehead and WesternEradicator to be controlled by the same person or persons communicating outside games.
Relevant ranked games are: 138655 "Diplodocus" (just getting going), 138080 "The Edge in your HEart", 134559 "Diplo" and 136032 "Historical".
There are norank games which I believe to be relevant, but based on my understanding of the reporting guidelines, these are not taken into consideration.

1. According to the Stats - Players page, WesternEradicator has finished 11 games, according to the Archived Games - Search function, 7 of these have included Canoehead. This seems high.
2. a) In games 138080 and 134559, their two controlled powers cede SCs to one another to help the one which is experiencing most resistance at that time, coupled with b) aggressive initial moves away from each other (no hedging, no changes of mind), and c) opportunities for stabs blithely ignored
3. Very limited communication so far in the game I am sharing with him / her / them (I hope!): 138655 "Diplodocus"
4. Not evidence, but frustrating when coupled with the above: very high surrender rates.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all mods / admins for the time they dedicate to this quite brilliant site!
Kandaon
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1145
All-game rating: 1149
Timezone: GMT

Re: Possible multi-accounting?

Postby WarSmith » 03 Jan 2018, 20:11

Thanks for the report!
Not quite Multi-accounting, but definite Meta-Gaming and the result of the investigation is shown here:
http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=56882
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1708
All-game rating: 1723
Timezone: GMT+2

Return to Cheaters