Don’t be alarmed!

Noticed any suspicious activity? Report it here.

Moderators: Alman, gareth66

Forum rules
Cheaters
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. DO NOT POST BEFORE READING THIS: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54352
2. Any Post made to influence a game is cheating and may cause You to be removed from the game.
3. DO NOT put the names of the players involved in the TITLE of the post. They can be given in the post, if necessary.
If the game is Anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, send a Private Message to the Cheater-hunters group.

Don’t be alarmed!

Postby WarSmith » 27 Feb 2020, 16:54

A concerned player has just contacted me asking about the fact there seems to be a spate of cheaters on this site.
Actually, the amount of cheating is really low, it’s just that I’ve been doing a bit of a tidy-up. From time to time It’s good to work through a series of relatively easy investigations (which you can see the effect of over the past couple of weeks), whereas at other times we’ll take longer over one or two more sophisticated cases (Metagaming investigations have many twists and turns for example).
The tools we have on the site for cheating identification are amazing, and most often when we do find a cheater it’s just their lack of awareness of the rules, or sometimes just a lack of care, rather than any Moriati level of criminal intelligence at play.
I know it’s no consolation for the few who have games impacted by cheats, but on the whole I think this is the cleanest we’ve had the site for a long time.
Having got through a heap of simple cases, I’ll now have some time for private life also, afterall - the streets of Gotham City do need special attention from time to time even with the great work law enforcement do...
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth even has a chance to put its pants on”
WarSmith
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1684
All-game rating: 1681
Timezone: GMT+2

Re: Don’t be alarmed!

Postby sinnybee » 05 Mar 2020, 04:35

Thank you for your work cleaning the streets of Gotham!
Gold Classicist since 1-11-11
FT Asst GM of 35 player WWIV Aug 2011-Feb 2012
#1 ranked player of playdip early 2013
4th highest forum karma count at Apr 2013 ending (behind Craw, Dipsy, and Rick)
Tournament Director of the 31 game PDVT Feb-Dec 2014, the first playdip tourney with over 100 sign-ups
sinnybee

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1332)
All-game rating: (1467)
Timezone: GMT-7

Return to Cheaters