Cancelled finalized orders considered finalized

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Cancelled finalized orders considered finalized

Postby duncstod86 » 20 Sep 2020, 20:33

Game id 183147

I was editing some finalized orders (x next to them), it said I had all my orders still to make. Someone else finalized (the final players to do so) and it resolve my orders as holds (hours before deadline).

Thanks
duncstod86

Re: Cancelled finalized orders considered finalized

Postby pompodopompom » 20 Sep 2020, 21:45

Hi,

I can only sympathize… I had made the same "mistake" in the very first turn if my very first game.

From what I understand, clicking on the "x" does cancel the individual entry (move, support, etc), which will then be resolved as "hold", but it does not impact the status of the whole set of moves (finalized, not finalized).

On the other hand, if you want to urgenly "unfinalize" your orders, you can go to the "Menu-based order entry" window (the button on the bottom right corner, under the map), and then simply click on "Submit orders". The whole set of (unchanged but) re-submitted moves will need a new finalization.
That's what I do when I suddenly feel the need to reconsider my already submitted moves.
pompodopompom
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: Cancelled finalized orders considered finalized

Postby UM85 » 21 Sep 2020, 02:22

Alternatively, changing any one of your orders, unfinalizes all of them. You can then edit any of your orders at your discretion while the ones you don't touch will still have your former orders entered.
UM85

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1316)
All-game rating: (1318)
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Bugs