Still no points awarded (done)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Still no points awarded (done)

Postby Raison Detre » 21 May 2020, 15:32

For two ranking games (167389. Wad' ya say and 166648. Dandelion Soup) which finished on May 12th and May 1st respectively. Players stats have not been amended to reflect either of these games despite requests to fix this bug in several of the bug threads below, nor have the posters received any responses to these threads. Can someone confirm whether bugs are being addressed at all on the site at present or is this hiatus something to do with Covid 19? On a personal note, my player name is Raison D'etre but for some weird reason I am referenced as Raison D\'etre on these message boards. I seem to be able to post on this forum and receive messages but I am unable to send private messages (they just sit in my outbox) so I can't PM any of the Mods about this. A related fault in a large number of the finished games I've played is that the final map doesn't display - I'm not sure if any of these things are related to the points/stats fault. Thanks (anyone!) for your help in sorting these problems out.
Raison Detre

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1334
All-game rating: 1374
Timezone: GMT

Re: Still no points awarded

Postby Jack007 » 21 May 2020, 15:59

Yes that's in fact strange, as the map in both games is greyed out and without any province names (unlike fog games).

When the PMs appear stuck in the outbox, it means that they haven't been read yet by the reciever.

In order to contact our chief mod, you might try [email protected], as described in viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60493#p990905. Put something appropriate in the subject line. Nopun might be very busy actually with all these bugs recently.

Good luck..
Jack
Jack007 (xxxx.) unbanned for dubious reasons
Member of the Honorables
There is no greater solitude than the samurai's,
unless it be that of the tiger in the jungle… perhaps…
-bushido
Jack007

Standard rating: 1531
All-game rating: 1669
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby Raison Detre » 21 May 2020, 17:37

Thanks Jack007 - ~ I've emailed Nopun and we'll see if they can help.
Raison Detre

Postby The Red Sphinx » 22 May 2020, 09:10

I believe that usually the greyed out map problem is just a server issue that will then resolve itself. If you go to your finished games it should be resolved.

In terms of stats, are you referring to your ranking? It seems strange to me that it would not work for only one game or one individual on the site...are you sure that even with a win (drawn or otherwise), you were actually entitled to points? E.g I shared in a four person draw recently but lost points.

It all depends on the ranking of your opponents.
The Red Sphinx

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1292
All-game rating: 1287
Timezone: GMT+10

Postby SilverSpleen » 22 May 2020, 12:12

I have the same issue in a different game. I think a few others have had the same issue.

When I look in my stats the game doesn’t appear at all. I’ve dropped NoPun a PM. It would be nice to get it fixed, but I’m patient as I’m sure the Mods have a to-do list as long as my arm, and I appreciate the hours that they must put in to keep the site running.

Thanks,

S

https://www.playdiplomacy.com/game_play ... _id=168098
SilverSpleen
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1597
All-game rating: 1686

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 22 May 2020, 20:48

I have never seen anything quite like this before. I'm going to email the prior dev and see if he knows what to do in this situation.
Lead Volunteer Developer & Forum Admin

Variant GM & Designer
NoPunIn10Did

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby Raison Detre » 22 May 2020, 23:56

Thank you - I appreciate it could be a pain to sort out so many thanks for looking into it.
Raison Detre

Postby SilverSpleen » 23 May 2020, 11:18

Likewise. Thank you!
SilverSpleen
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1597
All-game rating: 1686

Postby super_dipsy » 24 May 2020, 07:16

Hi guys, I'm not really here, just a phantom summoned by nopun's dark magiks, but I will take a look at the issue. I can already answer one question raised by raison d'etre. The system does not like names with apostrophes or any other special characters in. We advise people when they set up their accounts not to use them.

Anyway, I will have a look now. And very sorry that you have had this problem - games not counting to stats is mucho annoying I know. I'll see what I can do.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

All-game rating: (931)

Postby super_dipsy » 24 May 2020, 08:28

OK, it is indeed the apostrophe that has caused the issue. That is why it only affected these two games - these are the two games with Raison D'etre in. Although you cannot create a username with special characters in, and haven't for a long time, Raison D'Etre's account pre-dates that (registered 2008!). I thought we had caught all the old accounts with special chars in and changed them.

Anyway, I will now see if I can sort out the ratings for these two games. I'm going to try something rather dark and arcane, which may cause a temporal glitch throwing us all back to submitting orders on stone tablets (if anyone has lost their chisel, the hardware shops are open but please maintain safe social distancing).

Finger crossed :shock:
super_dipsy
Premium Member

All-game rating: (931)

Next

Return to Bugs