Middle mouse confirmation message (no bug)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Middle mouse confirmation message (no bug)

Postby jakofipa » 05 May 2020, 19:43

Hiya,

So I was browsing the bugs forum (yes I know, I was bored), and came across this report here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60016

The general gist is if you click "join game" on a surrendered position, you should get a confirmation message so you don't accidentally wander into a hopeless situation. However if you click with the middle button to open it in a new tab in Chrome, this confirmation message is bypassed and you join straight away. The suggested fix by SuperDipsy was to disable middle mouse interaction with this button to stop this.

So as I was rather bored I went and tested whether it still happens, and it still does! When i click with my middle mouse, I am instantly put in the game with no warning message appearing. It also doesn't open it in a new tab, which is the whole point of a middle mouse click!

I thought I would raise this issue again, as I imagine it would be a relatively quick one to fix (says the person with little coding experience!). If it has been decided not to be fixed, or would be a lot more effort than it is worth, let this post be a warning to people: DO NOT USE MIDDLE MOUSE CLICKS ON "JOIN GAME" BUTTONS!!

Thanks,
Jakofipa
Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Bronze member of the Classicist club
Member of the Students club
jakofipa
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 982
All-game rating: 989
Timezone: GMT

Re: Middle mouse confirmation message

Postby DirtyHarry » 11 May 2020, 03:02

Why wouldn't you just use the View Game option before making a decision? I always do that ...
DirtyHarry
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1363
All-game rating: 1395
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Bugs