Fog of War Draw proposal reveals number of nations

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Fog of War Draw proposal reveals number of nations

Postby Tarakashka » 04 May 2020, 15:58

Hello,

I have searched but never found any thread talking about this. I played in a FoW game (Americas). During the course one of the nations offered a draw, which revealed that there were only 5 nations left (they were the only ones listed with "no response"). I understand it's probably public voting that did it, but still...
Tarakashka
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1183
All-game rating: 1528
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Fog of War Draw proposal reveals number of nations

Postby ColonelApricot » 05 May 2020, 04:36

Tarakashka wrote:Hello,

I have searched but never found any thread talking about this. I played in a FoW game (Americas). During the course one of the nations offered a draw, which revealed that there were only 5 nations left (they were the only ones listed with "no response"). I understand it's probably public voting that did it, but still...

This is an important bug for FoW games that I have raised several times. In FOW it is particularly important that the only information available about other powers and their units and territories is limited to that which is revealed by the positions of one's own units and owned territories (territories that are your color or adjacent to or occupied by units of your color.

It is a violation of this principle that the elimination of players is revealed through the draw proposal status. It would not matter if eliminated powers are included in the draw status as they cannot vote anyway.

..CA
Dog of War in ToS
GRU of the Despicables in TTT
ColonelApricot
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1010)
All-game rating: (1400)
Timezone: GMT

Return to Bugs