Orders finalized, deadline not processing (no bug)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Orders finalized, deadline not processing (no bug)

Postby sirtoto » 14 Apr 2020, 21:40

It's a Friend game, #171819. We've all finalized orders but the deadline hasn't been processed yet. It's still Spring 1901.
sirtoto

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 913
All-game rating: 912
Timezone: GMT

Re: Orders finalized, deadline not processing

Postby Mr.E » 15 Apr 2020, 09:58

Simple answer is either:
(a) everyone hasn't finalised (even if everyone thinks they have), or
(b) the game hasn't had chance to move on yet... it can sometimes take some time for a game to progress.

The chances of this being a bug are small but it could be of course. However if these players are new to the site then they may not have finalised... and potentially someone thinks finalising is entering all their orders rather than also finalising those orders.

I'm now going to have NoPun tell us it's a genuine bug, of course... :)
Respect neither opinions nor beliefs; only respect the person and the right to express them.
Play by the rules but be ferocious.
Visit The Embassy, a Diplomacy blog.
Read Perfidious Issue 3.
Mr.E
Premium Member

Standard rating: 941
All-game rating: 1066

Postby sirtoto » 17 Apr 2020, 05:14

I just had all my players, who are admittedly new, send pictures of their screens, and all of their orders are finalized. If it matters, it's a five player game, so maybe that affected something? Anywho, the deadline still hasn't processed.
sirtoto

Postby Mr.E » 17 Apr 2020, 09:31

Hmm. One possibility I didn't suggest is that you may have selected fixed deadlines..? If this was selected when you created the game then it wouldn't make any difference if players finalised or not. Finalising is the default (I believe) so this is the only possibility other than a bug, I guess.
Respect neither opinions nor beliefs; only respect the person and the right to express them.
Read Perfidious Issue 3.
Mr.E
Premium Member

Postby sirtoto » 17 Apr 2020, 17:06

Is it possible to check what settings your game is currently using, so I can check if for some reason I clicked on that box?
sirtoto

Postby Mr.E » 18 Apr 2020, 01:19

Apart from a Mod looking at it, I don't think so. I looked at your game to see if I could see that but couldn't.

However, there is also another Friends game that is having the same issue, which is a 7-player game. So I'm wondering if this is an issue with Friends games...
Read Perfidious Issue 3.
Mr.E
Premium Member

Return to Bugs