I can't build Army in Moscow and Warsaw

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Re: I can't build Army in Moscow and Warsaw

Postby super_dipsy » 12 Jan 2019, 20:58

I sent you a PM, but I see there is also a thread here so I will answer again.

My assumptionn is that intiially you probably asked for a build in St P and one of the others. Then you changed your mind and decided you wanted one in Warsaw and one in Moscow.

The reason it left you with St P is that the software has to guess what you mean. First build = Stp, easy. Second build = Mos (say) easy. Third click is Warsaw. What does the s/w do? It could either say the third click is a change of the second one or the first one. The same thing happens every time you click a different build. Our s/w decides that you want to change the last one you entered, and therefore it will always replace the second build slot not the first (St P).

What you have to do is to always clear your Build orders out by clicking the X in the orders list. Now the s/w knows what to do. Actually, you only neeed to clear the StP build then you are OK.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 941
Timezone: GMT

Postby super_dipsy » 12 Jan 2019, 21:02

Given you raised all this before the turn moved and clearly intended to make your two builds armies in Mos and War, I will see if I can find my pixie dust...
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby PeteS » 12 Jan 2019, 21:11

I wonder if it has to do with the fact that the build is a re-build of the Sevastopol fleet that was destroyed in Fall 01. Is the system not allowing me to change it? I will say one last time, the entries on my end were done correctly. The corrective measures suggested by the forum were followed and I still had the problem. Please look further into this. Thank You.
PeteS

Standard rating: 1038
All-game rating: 1050
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby PeteS » 12 Jan 2019, 21:17

The orders were entered correctly, The remedies as suggested by the forum were done correctly. There is a bug, please look into it further. Is it because I am trying to build the fleet that was destroyed that the game isn't letting my replace with an army? There is a problem that needs to be looked further into. Thanks
PeteS

Postby super_dipsy » 12 Jan 2019, 21:26

I have corrected it for you. I can assure you though it was not a bug - this will definitely have been done before over the thousands of games here :) . As I said, if you get into this situation again,
- Click Orders tab
- X the orders
- You should now see the Orders Tab saying no orders entered
- Now you can put the orders in you desire

But anyway, you should be cool now.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby PeteS » 12 Jan 2019, 21:27

My game was fixed and I thank you for that. I will say, I think you have a bug in the situation I was in. Thanks
PeteS

Postby super_dipsy » 12 Jan 2019, 21:29

OK Pete, let's take this offline now. We can discuss it over PM.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 13 Jan 2019, 10:35

Just closing this one out.

1. Pete was absolutely right in his first claim. There was a bug in the new menu-based order entry system when changing builds around. This has now been fixed, and was the start of his problems
2. The reason why he was unable to resolve the issue using the standard point-and-click interface is worth noting in case others hit a similar issue. He was clicking the territory (St P) and then clicking the red x in the corner. But that only closes the dialogue - it doesn't actually DO anything. What you have to do is click the Orders tab, then click the BLUE Xs next to the unwanted orders to cancel them. THEN you can make sure you get the combination of builds you want.

But thanks for spotting the initial error and bringing it up, Pete. Fixed now.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby PeteS » 13 Jan 2019, 14:00

Thanks to everyone for your assistance, glad we fixed it and I learned as well.
PeteS

Previous

Return to Bugs