cannot read new msg

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

cannot read new msg

Postby Finnston Churchill » 26 Jul 2018, 23:26

Game claims I got a new msg from a power, but there is no new msg. Any hint what's wrong? Game is 146203.
Finnston Churchill
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 979
All-game rating: 971
Timezone: GMT+1

Re: cannot read new msg

Postby Pootleflump » 26 Jul 2018, 23:34

Have you looked down the list of old messages from that power? Sometimes there's an old one that's randomly turned red. I've had that a couple of times.
But, I nearly forgot, you must close your eyes otherwise you won't see anything

Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality
Pootleflump
Premium Member

Standard rating: 1861
All-game rating: 1909
Timezone: GMT

Re: cannot read new msg

Postby Finnston Churchill » 27 Jul 2018, 00:19

yeah, did that - all marked read. But one down the list was printed in bold, i.e. not read.

Ok, that was it - must have touched the 'read' text accidentally. Maybe it should turn to 'unread' then...

Thanks for the hint!
Finnston Churchill
Premium Member

Standard rating: 979
All-game rating: 971
Timezone: GMT+1

Return to Bugs