Post format bug?

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Post format bug?

Postby Antigonos » 14 Feb 2018, 15:11

I do not know if this qualifies as a bug post as of yesterday the format of my draft posts has changed. Ther body of the text currently fills the entire width of the screen to the point of disappearing on the right hand side. I no longer have the option of choosing to send a bcc. Lastly I notice that the italics option is no longer present.

Did I somehow alter the parameters of the posting by accident or is this a change in the system. It is most disconcerting. Unfortunately as a computer troglodyte my ability to trouble shoot let alone repair is quite limited.

Antigonos
Classicists Platinum, Oldies & soldier in Cavalry to the rescue
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
Prussia draw Ambition & Empire
USSR in 3 draw Blitzkrieg[
England solo Renaissance
Germany in 6 draw World Influence
Athens 4 draw Greek City States
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1483)
All-game rating: (1517)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Post format bug?

Postby super_dipsy » 14 Feb 2018, 21:49

I think I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

I opened one of my draft posts, and it all seems fine. I used both the Load Draft tag and also the View/Edit one. In both cases, I have the proper text flowing and all the normal options like italics, bold etc..

But the reason I think I am misunderstanding is you say you do not see a bcc option. This is not an option on posts and never has been since it makes no sense. Can you clarify what you are trying to do?
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Postby Antigonos » 15 Feb 2018, 16:09

super_dipsy wrote:I think I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

I opened one of my draft posts, and it all seems fine. I used both the Load Draft tag and also the View/Edit one. In both cases, I have the proper text flowing and all the normal options like italics, bold etc..

But the reason I think I am misunderstanding is you say you do not see a bcc option. This is not an option on posts and never has been since it makes no sense. Can you clarify what you are trying to do?

I think I misremember regarding a bcc option. But not about the disappearance of the italics option I think. Also was the Bold key always on top of the underline key and separated by the gray space that serves as the top outline? Plus what I said about no longer having an end to the area for writing text on the right hand side. It simply goes on and on with a return to the next line only if I hit enter. It means I have this endless line of text and I cannot read much of it. Very disconcerting.
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
England solo Renaissance
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 16 Feb 2018, 08:03

Hmm. it sounds to me like your screen size or font size has been changed. If the Bold is on top of the underline, that sounds like the output does not fit the line. Did you do anything recently to change your screen or font size? And does this only affect your Draft posts?

The forum software we use is an open source product called phpbb - what this means is it is the product does not belong to us. I have googled the phpbb forums and noone has ever reported this problem, so this makes it highly likely it is something in your own environment. It also means sadly I can't offer much help :(

If I were you, maybe check the following:
- Have you recently upgraded your browser or Java? You may have pulled in a more recent level of Javascript that could be screwing things up
- Try clearing your browser cache and see if that makes a difference
- Try using a different browser and different computer and see if that makes a difference
- Try adjusting your display settings (screen size, font size etc) and see if that helps
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Antigonos » 16 Feb 2018, 16:06

super_dipsy wrote:Hmm. it sounds to me like your screen size or font size has been changed. If the Bold is on top of the underline, that sounds like the output does not fit the line. Did you do anything recently to change your screen or font size? And does this only affect your Draft posts?

The forum software we use is an open source product called phpbb - what this means is it is the product does not belong to us. I have googled the phpbb forums and noone has ever reported this problem, so this makes it highly likely it is something in your own environment. It also means sadly I can't offer much help :(

If I were you, maybe check the following:
- Have you recently upgraded your browser or Java? You may have pulled in a more recent level of Javascript that could be screwing things up
- Try clearing your browser cache and see if that makes a difference
- Try using a different browser and different computer and see if that makes a difference
- Try adjusting your display settings (screen size, font size etc) and see if that helps

I have not done anything that I am aware of. I am not about to play with my browser as I have nothing on this but I will try font size though it appears the same, Thanks for trying to help.

Antigonos
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
England solo Renaissance
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 16 Feb 2018, 16:41

Antigonos wrote: I am not about to play with my browser

Absolutely understand :)

What I meant was perhaps if you are visiting a friend or something, ask if you can just quickly log onto the site from his/her computer and browser and open a draft and see if there is a difference.
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Antigonos » 16 Feb 2018, 20:29

super_dipsy wrote:
Antigonos wrote: I am not about to play with my browser

Absolutely understand :)

What I meant was perhaps if you are visiting a friend or something, ask if you can just quickly log onto the site from his/her computer and browser and open a draft and see if there is a difference.

That makes sense. Meanwhile I realized that I don't even know how to try and change the font size other than within the post where there is the tab marked normal which certainly does not alter the entire post field.

Antigonos
Samnites 3 draw Ad Arma
England solo Renaissance
Zaire solo Africa
Iran 3 draw ModEX II
Antigonos
Premium Member