King of Europe Build Error

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

King of Europe Build Error

Postby HolgerDanske » 25 Mar 2008, 23:19

Have two builds. Entered one, then another. Then decided to change one... and cannot. I have three possibilities only, but whenever I click whichever of the centers is not selected as one of the two build sites, then the first changes to that site. The second build cannot be undone or changed. I cannot find a way to simply cancel that build order.

I don't want to give specifics because it's an active game, but here's a nutshell version:

I have centers A, B, and C.

My initial orders were to build in B and C.

I decided I wanted A instead of C.

I click on A to order a build... and it replaces the order to build in B with an order to build in A.

Okay, so now I click on B, figuring that will override the order to build in C. Nope, the order for A switches to an order for B.

I should mention that C is a coastal territory and I AM able to switch whether I want to build a fleet or army, but I cannot simply back out of C or replace it with a build order for A or B.

Damn frustrating. There should really be an option to "Cancel Build Order" or something.
HolgerDanske

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: King of Europe Build Error

Postby Master Radishes » 26 Mar 2008, 00:04

There is. Go to the "Orders" tab at the top, and you should see little (X)'s beside each order. Click those (X)'s to erase your order, and then try again. If it doesn't work then, then you have a problem. ;)
Master Radishes

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT

Re: King of Europe Build Error

Postby mdmuff » 26 Mar 2008, 02:02

Are you using Internet Explorer?

I had a similar problem when using IE, then switched to Firefox and it would let me cancel the build under the "orders" tab.
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Ham & Eggs: A days work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a pig.
mdmuff

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Bugs