St. Petersburg bug

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

St. Petersburg bug

Postby LNAlem » 20 Mar 2008, 08:28

In both games were I played as turkey (one finished -NOPasswordFUN!- and the other still playing -join this one-), In every build fase, I was allowed to build a fleet in either of St. Petersburg's coast. I obviously didn't built there because of moral reasons, thus I don't know if it actually builds the fleet, and I also don't know if it only happens with turkey. If it does, it must be fixed inmediatly.
LNAlem

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT

Re: St. Petersburg bug

Postby Master Radishes » 20 Mar 2008, 10:24

I'm pretty sure it would not have actually built the fleet there. Technically, I believe you can select any old territory and click to build there, but it won't go through with it unless it's a home centre of yours. It just doesn't warn you that it's not actually a viable order.
Master Radishes

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)

Postby mdmuff » 20 Mar 2008, 16:10

There should be a little warning at the bottom of the screen once you put the order in that says something like

"only build in home centers"
Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Ham & Eggs: A days work for a chicken; a lifetime commitment for a pig.
mdmuff

Timezone: GMT-6

Postby LNAlem » 21 Mar 2008, 07:27

mdmuff wrote:There should be a little warning at the bottom of the screen once you put the order in that says something like

"only build in home centers"

that's the problem, it doesn't warns you, it just tells you "Build fleet in St. Petersburg (south coast), 0 builds left"
LNAlem

Postby LNAlem » 21 Mar 2008, 07:38

Master Radishes wrote:I'm pretty sure it would not have actually built the fleet there. Technically, I believe you can select any old territory and click to build there, but it won't go through with it unless it's a home centre of yours. It just doesn't warn you that it's not actually a viable order.

by old you mean, that I conquered it before? because if it is that, I can ensure you that in both games I never conquered St. Petersburg
LNAlem

Postby revans » 21 Mar 2008, 08:20

I think by any old territory he just meant any random territory.
revans

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby LNAlem » 21 Mar 2008, 09:17

revans wrote:I think by any old territory he just meant any random territory.

I tryed with other places and I always got the answer "Can only build in national centers!". But in Stp that message didn't apeared
LNAlem

Postby revans » 23 Mar 2008, 07:16

I'm gonna try that in a game I just started as Turkey. Wow, that would be awesome to have a fleet appear on St. Pete's North coast :D No seriously, if that happens then that should be fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

...man, Russia's not going to know what hit them... :?
revans

Postby LNAlem » 24 Mar 2008, 23:42

revans wrote:I'm gonna try that in a game I just started as Turkey. Wow, that would be awesome to have a fleet appear on St. Pete's North coast :D No seriously, if that happens then that should be fixed, thanks for pointing it out.

...man, Russia's not going to know what hit them... :?

Is that game the one that I'm playing with you?
LNAlem

Postby revans » 28 Mar 2008, 03:16

...yeah, I think so. Are you Austria? Man, I would love for us to have trust on that border, my ambitions are definitely northern. I hate Balkan wars, though I'm usually coming at it from your side.
revans

Next

Return to Bugs