War For Europe game miss play

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

War For Europe game miss play

Postby clagr » 20 Mar 2008, 06:13

In the game War for Europe Russia is not submitting moves. This last fall the only supply center Russia had left was Sweden which was occupied with a Russian Fleet. Russia had other units on the board, including an Army in Ukraine. However with removals, all units except the army in Ukraine were removed by the GM (I am assuming). If this is the case, is it correct to remove a unit out of a controlled supply center and leave a unit in a non supply center province?

Clagr
clagr

Class: Ambassador
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: War For Europe game miss play

Postby Master Radishes » 20 Mar 2008, 10:41

When orders for destroyed units aren't submitted, the process automatically removes units alphabetically by the name of the territory the unit is in. So if one unit has to be destroyed, whichever unit occupies a region closest to 'A' alphabetically is taken off; with two units, the first two alphabetically are destroyed; and so on. Hence why in your scenario the Ukrainian unit was left on - it would've been the closest to the end of the alphabet.

Although I could've sworn in one game of mine it want backwards alphabetically, with those nearest the end of the alphabet were taken off first...
Master Radishes

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)
Timezone: GMT

Postby revans » 21 Mar 2008, 08:22

I thought it had to do with starting with the farthest away from the home centers first? So then Sweden is farther away than the Ukraine from a starting Russian home depot? I'm not sure though...
revans

Class: Diplomat
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby Master Radishes » 21 Mar 2008, 11:04

Oh, that might be it. I've just always noticed it seemed to go alphabetically. Maybe that was just coincidence. :)
Master Radishes

Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1071)

Postby clagr » 21 Mar 2008, 16:43

In this case it definately went S before U.
clagr

Timezone: GMT-5

Postby behnam » 21 Mar 2008, 18:29

revans wrote:I thought it had to do with starting with the farthest away from the home centers first? So then Sweden is farther away than the Ukraine from a starting Russian home depot? I'm not sure though...

That's true, but I'm not sure if that's how its done here.
nil desperandum ; sempre vincenti

behnam

Standard rating: (975)
All-game rating: (978)

Postby Chucobo222 » 22 Mar 2008, 16:56

According to the rules, it will first remove the farthest unit away from your home supply centers. In the case of a tie, it removes the unit on the supply center that is alphabetically lowest. I'm guessing it follows the game rules.
Chucobo222

Return to Bugs