Surrendered Country not auto destroying

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Re: Surrendered Country not auto destroying

Postby super_dipsy » 23 Jun 2012, 06:35

I've got that strong feeling of deja vu - again.

But since it is easier to retype than try to find the other threads where this was discussed, here it is again. I know it is confusing, so no problems repeating it - this wont be the last time ;)

The general philosophy as Craw/Asudevil said is that the game tries to balance between giving players a chance to take over a surrendered country (which is preferred) or carrying on without the missing country to avoid delaying the rest of the players.

During the turn in which a country surrenders, the turn will not process if the surrendered country is not finalized. The deadline will run to its full length, but of course a new player could take up the surrendered country and then finalize as usual.

After that, the process is as follows. Whenever someone in a game with active players finalizes, the game checks to see if he or she was the LAST active player to finalize. During this check, surrendered countries (that were surrendered in a previous turn and are still surrendered) will NOT be counted. So once all active players finalize, the game will proceed immediately regardless of the surrendered countries. But there is a special case. In a retreat or build phase, it is possible that the ONLY country (or countries) with actions is a surrendered country. In this scenario, the turn does not finish immediately (as might be implied from the previous sentence) but instead starts normally, once again to offer a potential joiner the opportunity to join the game as the surrendered country and enter a proper retreat or build phase order. However, as soon as ONE other player clicks finalize (even though they have no orders) then the turn will now process. This is to avoid players having to wait for the entire phase deadline every time.

I hope this helps. I know it is tricky, just ask if you are still unclear. In case it helps, here is some pseudo-logic for you.

WHEN FINALIZE IS CLICKED BY A PLAYER:
- If a country surrendered THIS PHASE and has not been replaced yet, continue to wait for the phase deadline
- Else
- If all active countries THAT HAVE ACTIONS are finalized, process turn immediately
- Otherwise continue to wait until the phase deadline

ON PHASE COMPLETION:
- Next phase ALWAYS happens, even if only surrendered countries have actions
- (but see above when finalize is clicked by a player)
super_dipsy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (956)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Surrendered Country not auto destroying

Postby asudevil » 23 Jun 2012, 16:08

Ok, so I was right, but the reason that retreat wasnt finalizing was because it was the ONLY retreat...but as long as one person hits finalize, (even with no orders) it will go right away.

Cool...at least Im mostly right.
Captain FANG, forum team championships WINNER
Part of the surviving nations of WW4/Haven

Unless I am in the cheater's subforum. 99% of what I say is NOT as a mod.

Want to play fantasy football this season here...Reigning Champion
asudevil
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1377
All-game rating: 1531
Timezone: GMT-7

Previous

Return to Bugs