Fleet in Paris??? How's THAT work??? (not a BUG)

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Fleet in Paris??? How's THAT work??? (not a BUG)

Postby rick.leeds » 03 Aug 2011, 11:52

OK this is coming up a lot - and understandably. So I wanted to post a sticky about it.

When a fleet in Picardy is dislodged (successfully attacked) another unit moves into Picardy and the fleet SEEMS to be moved to Paris. In fact it DOESN'T move to Paris, it stays in Picardy waiting to retreat or be disbanded. It could be a RETREATS phase; it could be an adjustments phase.

What happens is that the fleet unit is too big to fit into the small space of Picardy. Therefore the co-ordinates for it to be placed to retreat make it appear to be in Paris. We are looking at revising the retreat co-ordinates for that, although I'm not sure where they would be better: at least if it's in Paris it looks so out of place that the fleet's owner is aware that it needs to be sorted out! If the co-ordinates said it needed to be placed anywhere else NOT in land then it wouldn't be that obvious. Anyway, it isn't a bug, it isn't a mis-placement, it is a temporary thing until retreated or disbanded by the controlling power.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Fleet in Paris??? How's THAT work??? (not a BUG)

Postby slippydippy » 03 Aug 2011, 11:57

Aw, you're spoiling all the fun :mrgreen:

SpuriousSally.
SympatheticSally.
If you spot a perfect pink pixie keeping to herself in the corner of the map, you're in luck: at last you have found someone you can trust.
slippydippy

All-game rating: 39
Timezone: GMT+1

Postby rick.leeds » 03 Aug 2011, 12:16

I know :D
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Postby TheCraw » 29 Jan 2012, 19:51

Attention new-ish players...
this is NOT really happening...

Thank you.
~The Managment
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Shropshire slasher
All-game rating: 1,000,000
Timezone: GMT-5

Return to Bugs