[NO BUG] Self Bounce Did NOT Bounce

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

[NO BUG] Self Bounce Did NOT Bounce

Postby AardvarkArmy » 23 Mar 2020, 15:53

In game 166001. Charles the Bald's cunning plan

I am playing Turkey

I ordered my fleet Moldavia and my army in Bulgaria to bounce each other in Bucharest

The orders are correctly displayed (see below)

However, rather than bouncing, the system allowed Budapest to "win" and move into Bucharest

That in turn allowed an enemy to move into Bulgaria

This has devastating consequences to my position - it will change a strong position into a collapsing one

Please research - before the turn moves forward. Thanks!


TURKEY
Bulgaria MOVE Bucharest -> resolved
Aegean Sea MOVE Ionian Sea -> resolved
Naples MOVE Tyrrhenian Sea -> resolved
Black Sea SUPPORT Sevastopol to hold -> resolved
Moldavia MOVE Bucharest -> Attack broken by A Bulgaria - Bucharest
Sevastopol SUPPORT Moldavia to hold -> Supported order does not correspond
Tunisia SUPPORT Naples to Tyrrhenian Sea -> resolved
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
User avatar
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 04:37
Location: Oakland, California, USA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1370
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Self Bounce Did NOT Bounce

Postby Phlegmatic » 23 Mar 2020, 16:25

Did one of the other players give unwanted support to Budapest?

It's a sneaky tactic and can be used to great effect - in one of the recent MaccCon F2F games Italy pulled this stunt, to get a French army in Marseilles so he couldn't build a fleet.

I can't see the order history as this is a fog game, but it's my guess that this is what happened.
Phlegmatic
Premium Member
 
Posts: 119
Joined: 18 Jul 2018, 16:50
Location: Cheshire, UK
Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1352
All-game rating: 1561
Timezone: GMT

Re: Self Bounce Did NOT Bounce

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 23 Mar 2020, 16:36

It's highly unlikely that this is a bug. If you want to inquire further, as this is a Fog game, you should probably make this to a PM to the Mods group rather than a public post.

Also, even if the mods find an answer to your question, all they can probably say is "It's not a bug," as telling you which unit supported the move would give information away that's not currently visible.
Lead Volunteer Developer & Forum Admin

Variant GM & Designer
User avatar
NoPunIn10Did
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 00:17
Location: North Carolina
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Self Bounce Did NOT Bounce

Postby AardvarkArmy » 23 Mar 2020, 17:02

NoPunIn10Did wrote:It's highly unlikely that this is a bug. If you want to inquire further, as this is a Fog game, you should probably make this to a PM to the Mods group rather than a public post.

Also, even if the mods find an answer to your question, all they can probably say is "It's not a bug," as telling you which unit supported the move would give information away that's not currently visible.


Umm...

How do I do that? Tried "Mods" and "Moderators" but neither works
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
User avatar
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 04:37
Location: Oakland, California, USA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1370
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: Self Bounce Did NOT Bounce

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 23 Mar 2020, 17:31

AardvarkArmy wrote:
NoPunIn10Did wrote:It's highly unlikely that this is a bug. If you want to inquire further, as this is a Fog game, you should probably make this to a PM to the Mods group rather than a public post.

Also, even if the mods find an answer to your question, all they can probably say is "It's not a bug," as telling you which unit supported the move would give information away that's not currently visible.


Umm...

How do I do that? Tried "Mods" and "Moderators" but neither works


There's a listbox on the right in the PM interface. Select "Mods" there. Also I see your message already, so clearly something worked.
Lead Volunteer Developer & Forum Admin

Variant GM & Designer
User avatar
NoPunIn10Did
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 00:17
Location: North Carolina
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Self Bounce Did NOT Bounce

Postby AardvarkArmy » 23 Mar 2020, 17:45

NoPunIn10Did wrote:
AardvarkArmy wrote:
NoPunIn10Did wrote:It's highly unlikely that this is a bug. If you want to inquire further, as this is a Fog game, you should probably make this to a PM to the Mods group rather than a public post.

Also, even if the mods find an answer to your question, all they can probably say is "It's not a bug," as telling you which unit supported the move would give information away that's not currently visible.


Umm...

How do I do that? Tried "Mods" and "Moderators" but neither works


There's a listbox on the right in the PM interface. Select "Mods" there. Also I see your message already, so clearly something worked.


Yup. I found the list box. Thanks
SOLOS
ICE&FIRE.1-Martell/EXCALIBUR.1-Angles/EXCALIBUR.2-Scots/EMERALD-Sno/MOD.4-Italy/SENGOKU.1-OdaNobu/S.AMERICA.1-Peru

DRAWS
1930-China/BattleIsleA-Winterfell/S&S-Turkey/WORLD INFL-Venezuela/LECRAE-Dublin/WWIV.2-Cali/IMPERIAL1861.1-Trky/YNGSTWN.1-Grmny/AMERICAS.2-Mex/AFRICAN.2-S.Arabia
User avatar
AardvarkArmy
Premium Member
 
Posts: 2246
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 04:37
Location: Oakland, California, USA (San Francisco Bay Area)
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1050
All-game rating: 1370
Timezone: GMT-8

Re: [NO BUG] Self Bounce Did NOT Bounce

Postby NoPunIn10Did » 23 Mar 2020, 21:07

We have confirmed that there was no bug.
Lead Volunteer Developer & Forum Admin

Variant GM & Designer
User avatar
NoPunIn10Did
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 00:17
Location: North Carolina
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1466)
Timezone: GMT-5


Return to Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests