Premium credit issues

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Premium credit issues

Postby RadRussian » 04 Oct 2019, 13:46

My friends and I are trying to set up a premium game. We made an error in setting up the game so we had to back out before it started which unfortunately used our credits. On the my account page on the website it says:

"Each credit costs $5 and is used immediately when you join a game a premium game, although if you leave a game before it starts the credit will Be returned to you"

I'm wondering if there is a delay in returning premium credits to accounts? Or if this is a bug and our credits are now gone? Any info/advice would be great!

(I know it's not a big deal $ wise and we will just end up buying more credits, but since the website said they'll be returned to you I figured it couldn't hurt to check)
RadRussian
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1216)
All-game rating: (1216)
Timezone: GMT

Re: Premium credit issues

Postby Shyvve » 04 Oct 2019, 20:42

RadRussian,

If the credit is not refunded to you I have a Premium Credit which I'd be happy to donate to you. Let me know either by PM or here if you need it.
An Oldie and Gold Classicist. Moderator for the Classicist group.
Shyvve
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1360
All-game rating: 1392
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby super_dipsy » 04 Oct 2019, 21:25

The credits should have come straight back when you unsubscribed.I will have a look.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931

Postby super_dipsy » 04 Oct 2019, 21:36

OK, I'm trying to udnerstand but having trouble.

Maybe best to switch to PM, but what I need to know is who bought the credits and what game you tried to join but then unsubscribed from?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby RadRussian » 05 Oct 2019, 17:15

Thanks for the feedback and generosity!!! We don't mind spending the money to get the credits, we have a lot of fun playing. I was more or less just curious if there was a standard "premium credits are returned 24 hours after you unsubscribe from the game" type situation. Maybe it was because the credits were used from one account to another via gift??

Background is a bit of a mess but more or less:

- group played free map for a while and liked it
- group expanded so we decided to try war in Americas
- combination of purchased premium memberships and credits pulled off Americas game (it was so much more hectic but very fun)
- I created next game but because I'm careless and forgetful there were premium membership conditions turned on and not everyone had credits left
- So I create a new game without premium conditions (or so I thought........) which some members joined and used credits
- Now first game with all premium conditions is the one group is going to play but trying to figure out how many credits we should get or if some of the spent credits will end up back in the accounts.

Feel free to PM me if you can/want to help, or to call me foolish for jumping the gun and not fully understanding what was what lol. We are planning on trying fog of war and "stuff happens" for the first time and unlike the game modes when you are creating a game - these options don't explicitly say they are premium only.

Thanks!
RadRussian
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 05 Oct 2019, 19:34

Fog and Stuff are Premium options. Basically, all the game variants and game maps other than classic are premium options.

The Credit gets returned to the player as soon as they unsubscribe. But the key is, did the game start? If the game filled up and started, then you do not get your credit back, it is burnt. I can't see how it could not have been returned, which was why I was asking what the game was that people left. I could then check if it had started or not. If it had, then there is nothing you can do I'm afraid. That is the 'no return' point. So to be clear, if you Unsubscribe before a game has become active, you get the credit back (the person who used it that is). If the game becomes active, the credit is used and gone forever.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby RadRussian » 05 Oct 2019, 20:05

No the game did not start, there was only ever 4 people in the lobby. One player donated gifted two credits and used one himself, then we all unsubscribed and went back to original game expecting to reuse credits

Thanks for the info! Good to know
RadRussian
Premium Member

Return to Bugs