Cannot submit orderrs

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

Cannot submit orderrs

Postby JPL » 04 Nov 2022, 08:49

I'm currently playing as Turkey in "One Thousand Nine Hundred and Two Ways To Die" (206693). When I submit orders, the judge only accepts the first one in the list. It returns "HTTP error 500". This has happened for the past two turns, so it isn't a transient thing.

I believe that I am the only one in the game having this problem. I don't know how to contact the administrator of the game because it is a no-press game.

Thanks.
JPL
Premium Member

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: 1034
All-game rating: 943
Timezone: GMT

Re: Cannot submit orderrs

Postby super_dipsy » 04 Nov 2022, 14:42

I've never heard of anything like this. The error doesn't really make any sense. I will try it as you but all I can think is you might try clearing your browser cache. You aren't trying to put orders in right on the deadline time are you?
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)

Postby JPL » 04 Nov 2022, 17:09

No, it's been at multiple times, none of which are near the deadline. I just tried again now and same thing - the top order is accepted and the remaining two not.

I'm in another game - 206722 - and that one is working fine.

Very strange.
JPL
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 04 Nov 2022, 17:11

I logged in as you and had no problems. I can order fine.

Perhaps try the following things.

1. Try clearing your browser cache and see if this helps
2. Try using the other order submission mechanism. so if you are using the Manual Orders interface, try using point and click instead, or vice versa

Hopefully one of these two should work for you. If not, then given it obviously HAS worked for you before, has anything changed in your setup? Although I cannot imagine how that could cause a 500 error. But something must have changed. A new operating system upgrade? Storage issues on your device? (Struggling here as is probably obvious :shock: )
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Postby JPL » 04 Nov 2022, 17:34

I tried emptying the cache to no avail. We're currently on a build phase and I only have one build to order, so I'll try the point-and-click tomorrow when I have multiple orders to enter.

Somewhat surprising that I got even one build when only one of my three units could move. If all three could've moved, who knows the extent of my empire? ;)

Thanks for your help.

John
JPL
Premium Member

Postby super_dipsy » 05 Nov 2022, 09:19

Huh. Now I know you were using the menu-based ordering system, I tried as you and I get the same result.

The good news is that this means if you can use point and click I would expect that to work :)

The bad news is I cannot understand why it is failing and yet working for everyone else and even on your other games....oh hang on. I just had a thought.

I'll get back to you. I have a sneaking suspicion it may be something to do with Switzerland! :shock:
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Return to Bugs