NMR warning incorrect?

If the judge doesn't behave correctly or you found another problem, report it here!
Forum rules
Bugs
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: viewtopic.php?f=130&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should read the ‘Bugs Forum Guidelines’ thread.
2. In rare situations members have been known to post false bug reports in order to affect the game. This is considered cheating.
3. Please don't post information that might be detrimental to the game, such as revealing the power who sent a message. If further information is required by Admin to investigate the bug, you will be asked to provide it.
If the game a bug may have occurred in is anonymous, including Gunboat and Public Press Only, it is best to send a Private Message to the SITE HELP! group or to post using the Dolph Shtoss account rather than break anonymity.

NMR warning incorrect?

Postby socratease » 09 May 2021, 22:16

I received an NMR warning for Fall 1907, game 193082. Why Bother ?

I've never NMRed before, and ordered Berlin to support Kiel (clicked on Berlin, chose "support" then clicked twice on Kiel). I believe I also finalized.

However, the Order History lists "Berlin HOLD" and I was issued the NMR warning.

Did I do something wrong, or was there a misfire in processing?
socratease

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1687
All-game rating: 1922
Timezone: GMT-6

Re: NMR warning incorrect?

Postby septante » 10 May 2021, 22:55

My first thought is you double clicked too quickly. Check order graphics or menu based order entry to make sure in the future. Stay safe.
septante

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 763
All-game rating: 771
Timezone: GMT-8

Postby super_dipsy » 11 May 2021, 13:46

socratease wrote:I received an NMR warning for Fall 1907, game 193082. Why Bother ?

I've never NMRed before, and ordered Berlin to support Kiel (clicked on Berlin, chose "support" then clicked twice on Kiel). I believe I also finalized.

However, the Order History lists "Berlin HOLD" and I was issued the NMR warning.

Did I do something wrong, or was there a misfire in processing?

I can't answer for what exactly happened, but the fact is there was no order submitted in the database. This can some times happen either due to a mis-click when trying to enter it, or to a dodgy connection to the server from your device. As septante says, the safe thing to do is always check your orders. Important note:- ALWAYS click Refresh Orders first! This actually reads whatever is stored in the database and displays it. This guarantees you are seeing the actual order that will be executed. In order to help people remember this, whenever you change your orders the Orders tab link goes red, which means you have changed them but have not checked to see if they are in the database. Refresh Orders will clear the red highlight.

Just for the more technically minded, when you enter an order it updates immediately on your local device and hence you see it. But if there is a dodgy connection and the transmission of the order to the server hiccups, the order can fail to be written in the database. That is why you need to click Refresh Orders, otherwise you can get a false sense of assurance.
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (931)
Timezone: GMT

Postby socratease » 13 May 2021, 07:10

Thanks to both septante and super_dipsy for the answers.

I'll know what to look for in future and to make sure it never happens again. :oops:
socratease

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1687
All-game rating: 1922
Timezone: GMT-6

Return to Bugs