E/G alliance—how to stab?

What are your winning tactics? Kill them all? Discuss strategy for the classic and variant games using the classic map, or visit the sub-forums for the variant maps.
Forum rules
Strategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. When discussing strategy, reference should not be made to any active game. This section of the Forum is for general strategy discussion, not specific situations within games.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

E/G alliance—how to stab?

Postby BrotherBored » 09 Dec 2020, 04:51

I got asked about how England and Germany can stab each other in the Diplomacy Dojo. I don't normally create a forum post here to direct players to episodes of this Podcast (I already publish blog posts >1 per month and this podcast is every 2-3 weeks so I do get nervous about being reprimanded for spamming or some such, haha).

However, I think Diplomacy Dojo podcast has really hit its stride with this episode. I listened to this episode myself (been a while since we recorded it!) and I thought: dang...this is a really good discussion.

Diplomacy Dojo Episode 6 is about stabbing your ally when you are Germany or England allied to the other.

This could be the episode that convinces you to subscribe to the Podcast, or try to come to the Dojo yourself!

The preceding episode about how to calculate risks and when to take them is also pretty good...
BrotherBored

Timezone: EST

Re: E/G alliance—how to stab?

Postby Latanst1 » 09 Dec 2020, 05:10

Dear BoredBrother,

I enjoy your insights and perspectives. However, the podcasts, etc. are personally very inconvenient as I have to find a place where I can sit for an extended time without bothering others. I am sure your other fans have there own views but I strongly prefer the written posts and would be thrilled if the podcasts and other volume producing posts could include a script of some kind that can be read with the volume off. Just FYI from a fan.

Cheers,
Latanst1

BrotherBored wrote:I got asked about how England and Germany can stab each other in the Diplomacy Dojo. I don't normally create a forum post here to direct players to episodes of this Podcast (I already publish blog posts >1 per month and this podcast is every 2-3 weeks so I do get nervous about being reprimanded for spamming or some such, haha).

However, I think Diplomacy Dojo podcast has really hit its stride with this episode. I listened to this episode myself (been a while since we recorded it!) and I thought: dang...this is a really good discussion.

Diplomacy Dojo Episode 6 is about stabbing your ally when you are Germany or England allied to the other.

This could be the episode that convinces you to subscribe to the Podcast, or try to come to the Dojo yourself!

The preceding episode about how to calculate risks and when to take them is also pretty good...
Latanst1
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1124
All-game rating: 1198
Timezone: GMT+9

Re: E/G alliance—how to stab?

Postby Oxmeister » 17 Dec 2020, 00:45

Hi Brotherbored,

The plethora of content you've released about England recently has been fantastic timing for me as it coincided with me being allocated England for the first time in a Gunboat game. I was able to use your opening, your thoughts on EG center division and this podcast on stabbing in the west to greatly improve my strategy in key points of the game, as well as an older article about stalemate lines when working out how to finish the job. Invaluable stuff for us newer players competing in ranked games with Veterans who have learnt through experience.

For all that amazing content, you have my thanks. I wrote an AAR here ( https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=61506 ) if you care to see your writing put into action :)
Oxmeister
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1290
All-game rating: 1465
Timezone: GMT

Return to Diplomacy Strategy