What are alliances good for?

What are your winning tactics? Kill them all? Discuss strategy for the classic and variant games using the classic map, or visit the sub-forums for the variant maps.
Forum rules
Strategy
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. When discussing strategy, reference should not be made to any active game. This section of the Forum is for general strategy discussion, not specific situations within games.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
Posts which refer to a specific situation in an active game, or which link directly to an active game, are subject to editing or removal.

What are alliances good for?

Postby BrotherBored » 27 Jun 2022, 02:51

This was originally recorded, I believe, over a year ago. It took me a really long time to get the audio fixed up, edited, etc. and deliverable in podcast format. However, I think it is well worth the wait as this is probably the best content ever released on the Diplomacy Dojo. I don’t mean best guest content, I mean the best content. Brandon Fogel is one of the truly great players and he lucidly and candidly explains how to think about and treat allies.You will not be disappointed with this content.

Diplomacy Dojo Episode “What Are Alliances Good For?” with Brandon Fogel (vWDC Masterclass)

In case anybody is curious about the cause of the delay, around the time we recorded this I moved across the U.S. for my job, bought a house, etc. and publishing all these recordings got on the back burner. BUT, I have lost nothing, and gradually I’m getting it all released. I’ve been using the patron patronage to hire people on Fiverr to help me with this stuff.
BrotherBored

Timezone: EST

Return to Diplomacy Strategy