Premium Classic Championship: RESULTS [Updated 26 April]

A 7-game, 7 countries tournament, that started on 1 August 2010. No resolution.

Re: Premium Classic Championship: RESULTS

Postby crazychef » 27 Oct 2010, 10:34

AAR Russia PCC 3.1; or How to trivialize a stunning defeat; or Paranoia among the oppressed, acceptable or not?

Started out as the Czar, and the views from the Winter Palace were astonishing, never before have the battlegrounds of Europe looked so tempting. I thirsted for the refreshing waters of the Great Danube as well as those of Lake Vänern, but other powers had already decided that the mouth of the Ruler of the East was to remain demi-sec...

1901. Ultimata from Germany and Austria about keeping Prussia, Silesia and Galicia unoccupied, followed by anti-Russian movement towards Norway as well as Armenia placed me in a very tricky situation- I seemed to be bordering four enemies, and not a single ally. It was clear from the very beginning that Germany and Austria were thick as thieves, and I got angry notes from both of them regarding my march into Galicia, but retrospectively it was my life-insurance for the next years to come. Anyway, Germany blocks me out of Sweden and I force myself into Rumania, and I get the build that helps to keep me alive. Without Rumania, I've no doubt that Austria and Turkey would have gladly finished me off long before they actually did.

1902. I didn't want to ally with Austria, but at this point I was quite short on alternatives, so Austria gets support into Bulgaria. England pursues his goal to sneak into my country, and gets Sea-Lioned while doing so. No growth for me, the units in Scandinavia badly placed following the defensive actions, and Austria seems to be grabbing centers here and there, while Turkey and Italy are both getting forced into defensive stance. Turkey is in a turtle position, and I don't see a Lepanto forming as Austria gies for the Italian centers. No fast gains in the South either, and Austria is growing a bit too fast. Time to think again.

1903. Turkey opens negotiations once more, and because I'm a bit worried about the Austrian growth and the unbreakable bond between Austria and Germany we decide to Jugger up, progression is slow, Austria and Italy team up once again, CT? Yes, possibly. At this point Germany starts hammering my Northern borders, and now I'm forced into a struggle where I'm concentrating on survival.

1904. The action in the West is changing, Germany moves against France, France contacts me about the German stab, I don't buy it, in fact I think it's a trick to get me to loosen the defence around St Petersburg (which so far has worked alright). At the same time, while trying to position ourselves against Austria, I loose two centers and realize that I'd be an easy target to wipe out if Austria and Turkey would bond and turn North. Paranoia tunes ad maximum. Maybe everybody wants a purple slice already? Why doesn't Austria stab Germany? Pink elephants? Hmmm... Enough!!! I count the centers shared by the Westerners and decide I'll have to get Austria to turn straigh away, how will I do that? Stab Turkey!

1905. After the stab I contact Austria, I beg for his forgiveness regarding the previous stab, and I try to explain that this was the only way for us to get rid of Turkey and really get a solid line built up against the West before they crush us all. At this stage Italy is going down and as France still focuses on the Med I can't really believe the former Sea-lion has totally collapsed. Austria says he'll go along with the plan, and revives Turkey, decimating my force. Instead of a build it's two destroys for the Prince of Volga. That's it, finito.

End-game. Still some notes sent to the other players about how to counter German and Austrian action (which actually seemed to be an impossible task), holding on to the last few centers and letting the paranoia and excitement drop gradually. Once again, thanks to all leaders for an interesting campaign, an official application of pardon to Turkey for the idiotic stab committed in the maximum of delusional thought, and congratulations to echotwo!
crazychef
Sponsor
Sponsor

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (1103)
All-game rating: (1108)
Timezone: GMT+2

Game 4 RESULT

Postby rick.leeds » 14 Nov 2010, 16:43

1. HonestAbe - TURKEY 13 SCs WINNER
2. SidneyKidney - FRANCE 11 SCs WINNER
3. Cryhavoc - ENGLAND 10 SCs WINNER
E. his_flyness - AUSTRIA 0 SCs
E. Marlowe - GERMANY 0 SCs
E. Stander - ITALY 0 SCs
E. Lord Darkside - RUSSIA 0 SCs

Explanations
- E=eliminated (which has no bearing other than as a third tie-breaker).
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)
Timezone: GMT

Postby his_flyness » 14 Nov 2010, 21:06

There is an AAR for PPC Game 4 here for those who are interested in reading it.
"Leave the gun. Take the cannoli." The Godfather
his_flyness

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (1214)
All-game rating: (1209)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby QueenOfHearts » 20 Nov 2010, 16:04

Just a quick Q...

Is there any reason as to why my name is not on the scoring list?
`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´QoH`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´
`·.„¸¸¸„‹•*˜¨Always played, never won!˜°*•›„¸¸¸„.·´

Thanks to SidneyKidney for my sexy avatar. It has a copyright on it.
QueenOfHearts
Sponsor
Sponsor

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby echotwo » 20 Nov 2010, 16:11

QueenOfHearts wrote:Just a quick Q...

Have you finished a game yet?
echotwo

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby rick.leeds » 20 Nov 2010, 20:26

echotwo wrote:
QueenOfHearts wrote:Just a quick Q...

Have you finished a game yet?

Only those people who have participated in Games 1-4 are included... the only games I know have finished yet.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Game 8 RESULT

Postby rick.leeds » 23 Nov 2010, 21:18

1. The O - ITALY 12 SCs WINNER
2. jimbobicus - ENGLAND 8 SCs WINNER
2. richkarna - GERMANY 8 SCs WINNER
4. Maucat - RUSSIA 6 SCs WINNER
E. lannes - FRANCE 0 SCs
E. QueenOfHearts - AUSTRIA 0 SCs
E. TheCraw - TURKEY 0 SCs

Explanations
- E=eliminated (which has no bearing other than as a third tie-breaker).
World Diplomacy Forum.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby The O » 24 Nov 2010, 16:18

Shall we do AARs or will it just lead to me ranting about the way that game ended?
The O

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (885)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby TheCraw » 24 Nov 2010, 17:36

TheCraw wrote:I lost. :cry:

...again. Image
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Shropshire slasher
All-game rating: 1,000,000

Postby lannes » 24 Nov 2010, 23:48

If it is any help Craw, I think that is the most owned I have ever been in this game. I just kept taking it on the chin and never got out of the starting gates.
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one"

Cato the Elder
lannes

Standard rating: 812
All-game rating: 808

PreviousNext

Return to Premium Classic Championship [FIN]