Premium Classic Championship: RESULTS [Updated 26 April]

A 7-game, 7 countries tournament, that started on 1 August 2010. No resolution.

Re: Premium Classic Championship: RESULTS

Postby Zebb » 21 Oct 2010, 16:32

3.1 done, German solo. Congrats echotwo. Sorry for the stabs, Craw and Raph.
Zebb

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby echotwo » 21 Oct 2010, 16:48

Zebb wrote:3.1 done, German solo. Congrats echotwo. Sorry for the stabs, Craw and Raph.

Thanks. And thanks to everybody for what was I think a good-quality game. Or perhaps I just think that because I won. Anyway: thanks to all.
echotwo

Timezone: GMT

Postby TheCraw » 21 Oct 2010, 16:48

"Zebb is dead baby, Zebb is dead."
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Shropshire slasher
All-game rating: 1,000,000

Postby melchett\'s tache » 21 Oct 2010, 17:11

Congratulation echotwo, really well played. I for one enjoyed the game and the shout box despite being on the periphery of both!

Ultimately some questionable tactics by austria at the end which i must admit where very frustrating, but all in all good fun.
melchett\'s tache

Postby echotwo » 21 Oct 2010, 17:22

I'd almost forgotten about the press, which certainly tailed off towards the end. Now I'm trying to remember what I wrote. I'm pretty sure 'And I shot the deputy, but I arranged it so that everyone thought it was Germany.' was one of my contributions. But who called me a lying bastard in Spring 1901? And who wrote the neighbo(u)rhood watch reports? And who had the morbid fascination with teabagging Russia's wife?
echotwo

Postby Zebb » 21 Oct 2010, 17:31

I'll take credit for these gems:

lvp-edi tells me that Russia didn't say anything nice to him at all, while France whispered honeyed lies to an eager ear.
I have in my posession incriminating photos of Italy with Russia's wife. Selling the URL for support into Belgium.
Unga bunga. (not all of them, but the first one was mine)
Zebb

Postby super_dipsy » 21 Oct 2010, 18:11

And I was th on with th stuck l tt r " " on my silly k yboard
super_dipsy
Premium Member

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1000
All-game rating: 931

Postby TheCraw » 21 Oct 2010, 18:28

So, what was up with the ~?
Very clever, Mr. Smart...
TheCraw

Class: Shropshire slasher
All-game rating: 1,000,000

Postby raphtown » 22 Oct 2010, 04:29

I, for one, thought that there were some really good plays during the game (except for a couple of parts...). I don't think I did particularly well as Italy, and it feels like I spent the entire game flailing around and hoping not to lose or die (looks like I was successful on at least one count!). What is even more frustrating is that I realized Germany was buddying up with everyone quite early on and recognized his solo potential but wasn't able to do a thing about it! France kept going after me even as Germany was rolling through him and Austria did the same later on. Maybe Germany was just better at convincing them than I was.
The Classicists are a group dedicated to reducing player NMRs.
raphtown

Timezone: GMT-8

Postby crazychef » 22 Oct 2010, 10:23

echotwo wrote:I'd almost forgotten about the press, which certainly tailed off towards the end. Now I'm trying to remember what I wrote. I'm pretty sure 'And I shot the deputy, but I arranged it so that everyone thought it was Germany.' was one of my contributions. But who called me a lying bastard in Spring 1901? And who wrote the neighbo(u)rhood watch reports? And who had the morbid fascination with teabagging Russia's wife?

:roll: well... first of all, thanks guys for a really good game, I enjoyed it a lot! I started out with no friends, except for maybe Austria, but as I chose to engage my neighbours "terrorist-style" I effectively wiped out all traces of trust in all directions. This was my bad, but as Germany never once loosened the grip up North I don't think I would have prospered as an ally of either Turkey or Austria. The Juggernaut could have worked out eventually, but I guess we'd have been defeated by the West anyway. I never did see why Austria was so completely loyal to Germany though, was it some sort of altruistic blood-pact? The comments on that matter are of course better left archived in the Inbox folder of PCC 3.1.

I have to reveal myself as the anonymous terrorist in the press :oops: Yes, I called Germany a lying bastard, wrote neighbourhood watch reports and accused Italy of bizarre (to some normal) sexual practices. ~ is explained somewhere in the middle of the folder. What can I say? I usually end a session like this with "Tack och förlåt!" - "Thanks and apologies!" Over and out.
crazychef
Sponsor
Sponsor

Standard rating: (1103)
All-game rating: (1108)
Timezone: GMT+2

PreviousNext

Return to Premium Classic Championship [FIN]