Premium Classic Championship... idea to kick around

A 7-game, 7 countries tournament, that started on 1 August 2010. No resolution.

Re: Premium Classic Championship... idea to kick around

Postby FLTeacher » 13 Jun 2010, 02:25

I would be honoured if you included me.
FLTeacher

Class: Diplomat
All-game rating: (1000)
Timezone: GMT-5

Postby crazychef » 16 Jun 2010, 10:33

This sounds like serious fun- I'm interested! I also renewed my premium membership to ensure being able to play for at least one year 8-)
crazychef
Sponsor
Sponsor

Standard rating: (1103)
All-game rating: (1108)
Timezone: GMT+2

Postby SidneyKidney » 16 Jun 2010, 12:05

This sounds great in theory. However there appear to me to be one key flaw. Maintaining interest.

Sure you can see people here keen and dont get me wrong I am too. However it seems that the diplomacy league has fizzled out before getting to round 3. It was of a very similar idea. Games were created for people to join, the appropriate people were invited... and never materialized. People come and go. A number of regular premiums go for breaks long or short term. bb82 and Stander off the top of my head. Other things happen in peoples lives and things change. When you have some players finishing 3 games, some only doin 1 and some doing all 7 how can that not affect the championship negatively?

And as for getting replacement players... well lets just say I had tried to gather interest for a replacement TEAM for the league because my whole team had gone AWOL and only got 2 people expressing any kind of interest. I know how shockj felt when the league he was organizing fell after only a few hurdles. I just dont want to see that happening to you as well rick. Sure, count me in, but I suggest you contact shockj first to get his input on what could be done better and even if its feasible. I know from PM how frustrated and angry he became at the waning interest.
Helpful signature links.

That useful tool for testing out moves? Thats JDip.

Want to learn how to be an evil overlord? Check it out here.
SidneyKidney

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1069
All-game rating: 1070
Timezone: GMT

Postby rick.leeds » 17 Jun 2010, 00:51

Well, to be honest, it's a side issue and if it works, it works... if not it'll be a shame for all involved, but that's the nature of the beast. I'm sure I'll get frustrated but I'm not going to be upset if people drop out. The difference with this one is it's not a team thing and if people play their games, then they play'll be doing so for themselves. Thanks for the input, though, it does give me something to consider. Wouldn't want the whole thing to be unbalanced by people not turning up and someone running away with it.

I'm going to open the sign-ups thread this weekend. It will still not be up and running for a couple of weeks... I'll wait until I have a break from the work pressure of reports and end of year assessments out of the way. I'll add names of everyone who's expressed an interest here... if you're not interested anymore, give me a shout.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)

Postby valorian » 18 Jun 2010, 18:04

i'm apparently dealing with some extra time on my hands since the summer 100 didn't get enough sign ups. Oh well, I'll try it again next year and see if it gets any farther along.
The least funny person on PDO!
valorian

All-game rating: 107

Postby Cryhavoc » 23 Jun 2010, 19:46

Hey Rick - hows it going with your work-load?
This thread appears to have died a death over the last week or so. A lack of interest or are we all just waiting for you to make the first move?
When without a previous understanding the enemy asks for a truce, he is plotting. Sun Tzu.
Cryhavoc

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: (1000)
All-game rating: (1000)

Postby valorian » 24 Jun 2010, 02:21

I'm patiently waiting.
The least funny person on PDO!
valorian

All-game rating: 107

Postby rick.leeds » 26 Jun 2010, 20:57

The workload is easing off a little but won't be gone for another week. I expected to have started a sign-up thread but didn't get the chance (end of year reports on top of everything else) BUT I will be kicking this ... and the Doubles Tournament ... into gear in a week or two. I'll send out PMs to all who've expressed an interest in this thread. The actual event won't start until mid- to late-July at the earliest, though.
World Diplomacy Forum.
Online Resources editor at the Diplomatic Pouch.
Don't let the stepladder get you. Watch where you're stepping. ANY step could be a doozy.
rick.leeds
Site Admin
Site Admin

Standard rating: (1158)
All-game rating: (1070)

Postby The O » 07 Jul 2010, 02:26

I'm interested. Also, I participated in a 7 game tourney (created by Martz). It was set up differently than this one, but the common thread is that each player played all 7 countries in the tourney.
The O

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: (953)
All-game rating: (885)
Timezone: GMT-6

Postby The SHIV » 10 Jul 2010, 02:33

Count me in. But can't we speed things up a bit? 3/2/2 seems like an eternity to me! I'd prob forget I was even playing a game let alone who my allies were. ;)
First..........get off my lawn! Second........it's an Admirals Cheesehead! Courtesy of The Craw. Third.....I am SHIV, Keeper of the Stone Tablets! Go Pack!
The SHIV
Premium Member

Location: Sailing somewhere in the Rockies on the Black Pearl but originally a Yooper!
Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1136
All-game rating: 1140

PreviousNext

Return to Premium Classic Championship [FIN]