Free Agent

Info and games. No resolution.

Free Agent

Postby Niakan » 15 Nov 2010, 17:08

Hello,

Free Agent here. Name's Rob, from New York City, looking to get into this tournament. Although I'm new to this site, I've played the game once or twice before (You can convoy through Kiel, right?). Will join any team willing and able to receive me.

Will work for food.

Will conduct diplomacy for points.

Will post random photos for attention.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Face-to-face organizer of Diplomacy games in New York City.
My Twitch Channel
My YouTube Channel
My current Mafia game
Niakan

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (949)
All-game rating: (1017)
Timezone: GMT-5

Re: Free Agent

Postby iShine » 18 Nov 2010, 01:58

Hey there! Feel free to ask a team if you can join.
WOODCHUCKS, QUIT CHUCKIN' MY WOOD!
iShine

All-game rating: (1000)

Postby Niakan » 19 Nov 2010, 02:14

But I'm a free agent 8-) If any team here wants an undefeated player with a solo-only record, then I'm sure they'll get in contact with me ;)
My Twitch Channel
My YouTube Channel
My current Mafia game
Niakan

Postby iShine » 19 Nov 2010, 02:43

Well, no. That's not how the Diplomacy World Cup works.

You must be of the correct nationallity represented by that team in order to join it.
WOODCHUCKS, QUIT CHUCKIN' MY WOOD!
iShine

Postby Kian » 19 Nov 2010, 02:52

I would happily adopt you if you are:

A
Willing o be a Scot
B
Willing to be British
C
Willing to guarantee your level of humour and ability to manipulate graphical images in a humourous manner reflects your nascent diplomacy abilities..
D
Willing to accept there are NO spelling mistakes in this post despite your US spell checker.
E
Willing to accept that Paul Revere ACTUALLY said "The regulars are out!!!" Rather than "the British are coming" (because at that point we were ALL British.

Then, in the spirit of Winston Churchill who welcomed pilots Polish, French, Canadian, and American - Britain may well offer a place at the table and our best girls (you bring the nylons) since our glorious leader seems to have gone AWOL.

I have no authority to extend the invitation but I would ask Rick and Papa to consider it urgently.
"Tell the truth, and so puzzle and confound your adversaries. ” Sir Henry Wotton

"I'm better pleas'd to make one more,
Than be the death o' twenty." Lines on War - Rabbie Burns
Kian

Timezone: GMT

Postby Niakan » 20 Nov 2010, 09:46

Kian wrote:I would happily adopt you if you are:

A
Willing o be a Scot
B
Willing to be British
C
Willing to guarantee your level of humour and ability to manipulate graphical images in a humourous manner reflects your nascent diplomacy abilities..
D
Willing to accept there are NO spelling mistakes in this post despite your US spell checker.
E
Willing to accept that Paul Revere ACTUALLY said "The regulars are out!!!" Rather than "the British are coming" (because at that point we were ALL British.

Then, in the spirit of Winston Churchill who welcomed pilots Polish, French, Canadian, and American - Britain may well offer a place at the table and our best girls (you bring the nylons) since our glorious leader seems to have gone AWOL.

I have no authority to extend the invitation but I would ask Rick and Papa to consider it urgently.

A
I don't look good in dresses but I could give it a go.
B
I like fish and chips, so, okay. That and I think that America is poorly represented (rivalries need to start early anyway) and I'd like to stick with some winners.
C
Yes. I'll let my nascent record speak for itself as well.
D
No spelling mistakes, but I could point out the liberties you've taken with punctuation.
E
I thought he heralded "Don't forget the Macy's Thanksgiving Sale during this weekend only!" I never paid much attention in school anyway.

All buffoonery aside, I would be most willing to accept an invitation from your team's leader if I was deemed worthy. My ancestry is partly British, anyway, so put me in a porkpie and I think we can pull this off.
My Twitch Channel
My YouTube Channel
My current Mafia game
Niakan

Postby Kian » 22 Nov 2010, 02:50

You have been unanimously selected for adoption.

Pick up your stiff upper lip, your weekly tea allowance (no tax payable due to special circumstances), your football reindoctrination instructions and your 'Have a nice Day! bypass, from the scruffy little man over there by the door marked 'British Citizen' on your way to the briefing room.

Welcome aboard old chap.

Check your PM's

and many thanks for your sacrifice.
"Tell the truth, and so puzzle and confound your adversaries. ” Sir Henry Wotton

"I'm better pleas'd to make one more,
Than be the death o' twenty." Lines on War - Rabbie Burns
Kian

Timezone: GMT

Postby Niakan » 22 Nov 2010, 06:23

::shuffles along with his box of 'real' British paraphernalia, muttering to himself 'thank god they didn't make me wear their teeth'::

Thanks a lot guys! Good to be on board. Have a nice d-- er.. cheers!
My Twitch Channel
My YouTube Channel
My current Mafia game
Niakan

Return to Diplomacy World Cup [FIN]