Supporting surrendered troops

Question about the rules of the game? Experienced Diplomacy veterans will help you! There is also a Common Questions section.
Forum rules
In addition to the general Forum Guidelines (see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 30&t=15441), there are additional rules for posting in this forum.
1. Members should not refer directly to a specific situation in an active game. It is usually possible to provide an example of a similar situation elsewhere on the board.
2. It follows that links, images, game name and/or number should not be added to a post if the game is active.
3. Questions should only request rules be clarified and not request advice about how to resolve a situation.
4. When answering a question, members should restrict themselves to answering the question and not give advice on how to get around the situation.
Posts which break these rules will be subject to editing or removal; see here: http://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/view ... 13&t=42845

Supporting surrendered troops

Postby trayzh » 08 Jul 2019, 08:37

Hi,

I was wondering if surrendered units could still be supported to hold by non-surrendered units from another player.
By default surrendered units just hold every turn but I didn't know if they would necessarily stay on their own or if other players could still defend them.

Would be good to have an answer quick cause it's something that could happen next turn on one of my current game :p

Thanks !
trayzh

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1039
All-game rating: 1049
Timezone: GMT

Re: Supporting surrendered troops

Postby Phlegmatic » 08 Jul 2019, 08:57

Yes, you can support surrendered units to hold.
Phlegmatic
Premium Member

Class: Star Ambassador
Standard rating: 1373
All-game rating: 1467
Timezone: GMT

Postby AKFD » 08 Jul 2019, 08:58

I second what Phlegmatic said.
Silver Classicist!

Apparently "the biggest GoT fan" (@Pootleflump)

Have fun on this website. Signing off.
AKFD

Class: Diplomat
Standard rating: (830)
All-game rating: (764)
Timezone: GMT+8

Postby trayzh » 08 Jul 2019, 09:15

Cool ! Thanks :)
trayzh

Class: Ambassador
Standard rating: 1039